B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Hunter, Prey (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8179)

vacantlook June 28th 05 07:22

EpDis: Hunter, Prey

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for Hunter, Prey
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for Hunter, Prey

Mike G June 28th 05 13:26

Re: EpDis: Hunter, Prey

Fun episode, Garibaldi going into down below was great. Moves the Clark/Santago story foreward. I give it a "Good".

KoshN June 28th 05 15:06

Quote:

Fun episode, Garibaldi going into down below was great. Moves the Clark/Santago story foreward. I give it a "Good".

Agreed. Plus, I loved the bit about the doctor being aboard Kosh's ship and that Earth guy wants to board/search it. I'd like to see him try. :lol: :lol: :lol:

RW7427 June 28th 05 15:33

Quote:

Plus it makes a great avatar. :lol:

KoshFan June 28th 05 16:22

B+ in my book. Not supreme quality, but a darn good ep. I also would love to see the EarthForce guy try to search Kosh's ship, and Garibaldi getting tough is fun to watch. Although what's with him and getting stabbed? About as bad as Sheridan's forehead for attracting minor injuries.

Minor detail that I loved but is easily overlooked: right before Sheridan sees the ribbon that's his signal to meet, Garibaldi sees a Ranger walking by. A nice little nod to the fact that B5 is just crawling with conspiracies.

hypatia June 28th 05 16:49

I thought it was a very clever episode, with humor just where it belonged, and a nice way to push the idea forward that the Vorlons manipulate oganisms to suit their needs.

So I gave it the only "A". :p

Shaal Mayan June 28th 05 17:04

I gave it a B rating more to move along the Clark story line and the building suspicions regarding Santiago's death wasn;t an accident.

Mike G June 28th 05 17:50

I was hoping somebody would notice! :lol:

deaded June 28th 05 21:13

I'll for for the A here too. It's not the best of the best but overall a very good episode. Maybe a B+ would be more appropriate but because this one has it all I'm moving it up to the A range.

RW7427 June 29th 05 04:25

Quote:

I was hoping somebody would notice! :lol:

Well, the fact that I watched that episode recently went a long way toward reminding me. ;)

Galahad June 29th 05 09:20

I found it highly amusing that you have both Bill and Ted's history teacher and Socrates in the same episode of B5.

Elric July 4th 05 12:52

A very good ep, but ot quite an A. Lots of intrigue - it really moves the earth story along and we start to see what Sheridan has got involved in. It gave us a bit of insight into the Vorlon ship too :)

B5_Obsessed July 4th 05 17:43

I like the conspiracy premise and I get such a kick out of Richard Moll's face when he gets busted (he was in WAYYY over his head). I don't even mind the not-so-subtle lifting of dialogue from Close Encounters about the ship singing to him.

Gave it a "good".

Springer July 5th 05 13:24

It was ok, but seemed to be lacking something. Garibaldi's trip into Down Below was fun, and the Vorlon stuff was interesting, but otherwise I find it hard to get terribly excited about this one. And the guy who plays the Earthforce special agent who's come to find the Doctor puts in a terrible performance. I give it a C.

vacantlook July 6th 05 02:00

Quote:

And the guy who plays the Earthforce special agent who's come to find the Doctor puts in a terrible performance.

My problem with him is part performance, part writing.

I so agree. Especially the big climatic scene. There he is, the tech says that Kosh's ship is ready to leave, and Sheridan tells the tech to tell Kosh's ship to stand by. And then they do their big ass whole-station scan and find nothing. Then either Sheridan or Ivanova tells the tech to go ahead and let Kosh's ship launch, and Kosh's ship goes on, gets near the jumpgate, the tech updates C&C that the ship is preparing to jump, and the agent just goes off. "I was NOT informed of a launch!" The way he says it makes me roll my eyes it's just so overdone. And it's like, why don't you know about the launch, were you not freaking paying attention to what the people around you were doing right in front of your eyes the past couple of minutes? No wonder you can't find the doctor!

Estelyn August 24th 10 15:35

Yes, this episode does consist of lots of little things that add up to make it good. The building up of clues concerning the story arc makes it interesting to watch within the context of the whole show. One more detail that hasn't been mentioned so far was Sheridan's comment on the Vorlon ship at the beginning of the episode - saying that their technology is 1000 years ahead of Earth's. Those references to thousand year time cycles come up every once in awhile and are explained/exploited more later on.

Alioth May 31st 12 04:02

I love how Sheridan chastises the agent at the end for putting his security forces on a "wild goose chase", while having Ivanova submit the agent a report with recommendations for other "goose chases" he can go on. Very well played.

And was anyone surprised, on first watch, that Kosh even got involved in hiding this fugitive doctor? Didn't seem too characteristic of the Kosh we'd seen up to this point, "getting involved in the affairs of younger races", lol (which we later know they did, big time--and of course, casting doubt on Clark's legitimacy would be key to giving Sheridan a reason and an opening for breaking away from EarthForce, which was most certainly part of the Vorlons' plans for him). We're glad he did that of course, though.