B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Acts Of Sacrifice (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8166)

KoshFan June 22nd 05 15:28

Re: EpDis: Acts Of Sacrifice

Man, people do seem to have strong emotions about this one, don't they?

B. A good plot-pusher ep. And personally I find the sex scene pretty amusing. "Next time, my way."

Shaal Mayan June 22nd 05 21:36

Take away the sex scene with Ivanova and I would have given it an A but with it in I give it a B.

admiraldave June 23rd 05 00:38

It's silly, but I like the whole Lumati subplot. Excellent episode, one of my favourite G'Kar episodes.

vacantlook June 23rd 05 01:20

With the Lumati being quite into the ideals of evolution and natural selection, I wonder if way back in their history if they had had some exposure to Shadows that built their social philosophy.

Springer June 23rd 05 10:30

I found Ivanova's song/dance/sex routine really silly, and not particularly funny, and it did not suit B5 at all. The rest of the epsiode is ok, but a bit dull. The teaser was good, but it was downhill from thast point. And Mary Kay Admas shows in this episode why we really missed Caitlin Brown- there is absolutely no strength to her performance, and thankfully we never see her again after this episode.

GKarsEye June 23rd 05 14:28

Quote:

With the Lumati being quite into the ideals of evolution and natural selection, I wonder if way back in their history if they had had some exposure to Shadows that built their social philosophy.

Even if they didn't, it's a fantastic bit of classic B5 foreshadowing.

Chilli June 23rd 05 23:28

I didn't really think the Lumati thread was throw-away .. the sex scene was too silly for me after having seen it once, overall though, was the kind of plot that was so perfectly alien but still made so much sense - one thing I love about many plots in B5. And I loved the bits in the mess hall around the plot .. especially Franklin's bits there.

A great episode, though not one that has me sitting at the edge of my seat like some others .. still a solid A I suppose :D

KoshN June 25th 05 02:43

Quote:

I didn't really think the Lumati thread was throw-away .. the sex scene was too silly for me after having seen it once, overall though, was the kind of plot that was so perfectly alien but still made so much sense - one thing I love about many plots in B5.

We never saw or heard of the Lumati ever again. That's what I call a throwaway.

vacantlook June 25th 05 02:49

I think there was one scene several episodes later in which Delenn is dictating a letter or message or something to her computer and mentions agreeing to open trade relations with the Lumati, I think. But otherwise, yeah it was throwaway, which was kinda annoying. I'm not too terribly fond of one-off alien races in space shows.

KoshFan June 25th 05 03:21

The punchline to that scene, with Delenn dictating the letter, is that she says she can't conclude negotiations on the treaty at that time. I'll give you three guess why.