B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: GROPOS (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=8089)

vacantlook June 6th 05 17:40

EpDis: GROPOS

Refresher Links:
Lurker's Guide Main Page for GROPOS
Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for GROPOS

GKarsEye June 6th 05 18:47

Re: EpDis: GROPOS

I like it. Dodger is a babe. Garibaldi is a moron- I lost a lot of respect for him after that episode.

KoshFan June 6th 05 19:01

Kind of a letdown after the last one. A spearcarrier ep, so to speak.

My respect for Garibaldi went up after this episode, but hands up: who's surprised GKE and I have radically different approaches to that whole deal?

Shaal Mayan June 6th 05 19:44

I gave this one a B I gained a lot more respect for Garibaldi cause he didn't sleep with Dodger .His feelings for Talia which had been obvious are what kept him from doing so .

vacantlook June 6th 05 19:50

Quote:

His feelings for Talia which had been obvious are what kept him from doing so.

I remember it being feelings for Lise that kept Garibaldi from going at it with Dodger.

Sindatur June 6th 05 19:56

I was gonna post the same thing VL, and then I thought, maybe I was wrong and it was Talia in Gropos, but, Lise in Day of the Dead.

So, was it Talia in Gropos, or Lise as I initially thought?

Shaal Mayan June 6th 05 19:58

I think it was Talia in Gropos cause Lise would have been to Franz at this time .And in Day of the Dead it is Lise .

deaded June 6th 05 20:04

Not my favorite episode. Bad acting all around (except maybe Dodger). I too read it as Lise, not Talia that he was saving himself for. I'd go back and watch it again but I don't want to. This ep anoyed me.

GKarsEye June 6th 05 20:31

Quote:

I was gonna post the same thing VL, and then I thought, maybe I was wrong and it was Talia in Gropos, but, Lise in Day of the Dead.

So, was it Talia in Gropos, or Lise as I initially thought?

See, exactly! We don't even know why he's not doing it!
Lise? That relationship was OVER. He left her, the end. It's immature to break it off with someone and then complain and whine and let it hinder your future happiness. Remember- it's not that they had an extremely long distance relationship- they were done. She moved on with her life and married two guys.

And Talia? All he had for her was a physical attraction or infatuation at best, with a very occassional flirtation- the kind of thing most men have with like a dozen women, which is meaningless. He was not in love with her.

Also, it was just stupid to have two episodes about Garibaldi refusing the sexual advances of the same woman.

And don't think I'm just reacting negatively to any scene where a dude turns down sex. Sheridan turning down the Nightwatch skank was awesome.

Sindatur June 6th 05 20:38

Now that GKE puts it like that, I'm pretty sure that it was his feelings for Lise, but, not so much about his actual feelings for Lise, but, rather the mistakes he made in his past relationships (especially with Lise). He didn't want to rush into anything new, he wanted to be sure he got it right this time. Then in Day of the Dead, he was back in a relationship with Lise.

Not that I agree with his reasoning for not bumping uglies in Gropos, but, I remember now that was how I saw it as being related to us.