B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Soul Mates (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=7983)

GKarsEye May 17th 05 18:17

Re: EpDis: Soul Mates

She was not dumb.
You have issues with stereotypes, dude.

A_M_Swallow May 17th 05 18:28

Quote:

She was not dumb.
You have issues with stereotypes, dude.

I know. That is what JMS wrote, not what the suit planned.

deaded May 18th 05 01:58

Quote:

Quote:

...and a hot chick with a great body and lips that obviously want to encompase cylindrical objects who wants to please you as much as she can.

You forgot to add that she just attempted to assassinate you.

Meh. Details. :rolleyes:

deaded May 18th 05 02:02

Plus she didn't really try and assassinate him. That artifact was sold to the tall guy by Stoner. No one knew it was dangerous.

As far as we know.

vacantlook May 18th 05 02:14

Mariel knew exactly what she was doing. The conversation between G'Kar and Mariel in G'Kar's quarters reveals this.

Quoting from the extended synopsis:

Quote:

G'Kar is in his quarters, talking to Mariel. "You know," he says, "the problem with mysteries is that in order to get rid of the headaches, I have to figure them out. Here, we're faced with a staggering set of coincidences. A Centauri artifact, an ancient booby trap, it seems, happens to show up on Babylon 5 just in time to be purchased as a gift for Londo. And rather hide or deny responsibility, the gift giver makes it a point of saying she gave it to him, which neatly avoids any accusation of malicious intent because, usually, when you're trying to kill someone, you hide the attack. And there, you see, my head no longer throbs."

Mariel asks him who he will tell his theory to. G'Kar says he won't reveal it, but that Londo will figure it out eventually. As she leaves, he warns her to not be overconfident -- if he were married to Londo, he'd be concerned right now. "G'Kar," Mariel says as she leaves, "if you were married to Londo, we'd all be concerned."

Mariel's goal was to kill Londo before he had the opportunity to divorce her and leave her with no money. Londo's death would have enabled her to keep her title of being his wife and a nice chunk of Londo's money.

deaded May 18th 05 03:57

I see the motive and I see G'Kar's line of reasoning. But there is no proof. Just as there was no proof that Lyta blew up Zahadum. Sheridan had a theory that he discussed with Lyta and she looked really scared/guilty, but she never admitted it. Muriel didn't admit it either. As we know from the Centauri trilogy she was quite resourceful but there are just too many coincidences there. Another way to look at it is that Muriel was innocent but when G'Kar approached her and told her his theory she didn't deny, seeing an opportunity to get on G'Kar's good side. He certainly is a good ally and she is all about politics.

GKarsEye May 18th 05 14:16

Theater done well includes the art of implication and subtlety. No, "officially" she didn't plot to assassinate him, but we all know she did.

PillowRock May 18th 05 14:54

There is no proof that you could make stand up in a court of law.

However, as it is played out by the characters, it is very clear that she did know what she was doing. She tacitly admits as much to G'Kar, while being careful not to actually say so just in case the conversation is being recorded.

hypatia May 18th 05 18:40

The day a show has to follow court of law rules is the day I give up watching t.v. entirely.

It was one of the many great scenes in B5. :)

Londos6 May 19th 05 16:13

Another bit of evidence that she knew what it was was that she pointed to the artifact rather than touching it.