B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: The Geometry Of Shadows (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=7811)

G'Kar February 4th 09 22:45

Re: EpDis: The Geometry Of Shadows

Gave it an A due to the interesting arc significance found in this episode and that of Michael Ansara's performance. A very nice entry into the world of Babylon 5.

RW7427 February 11th 09 14:42

Yeah, I agree that Michael Ansara made a good Elric.

KoshN February 11th 09 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by RW7427 (Post 336059)
Yeah, I agree that Michael Ansara made a good Elric.

He certainly has the voice of a Technomage.

RW7427 February 11th 09 19:31

Yeah, when I read the Technomage trilogy, I tried to imagine his voice while I was reading Elric's lines. :lol:

G'Kar February 11th 09 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RW7427 (Post 336088)
Yeah, when I read the Technomage trilogy, I tried to imagine his voice while I was reading Elric's lines. :lol:

You're not the only one.

KoshN February 12th 09 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by G'Kar (Post 336090)
You're not the only one.

I didn't "try." I "heard" all of the characters played by on B5 and Crusade saying their lines, as well as some others (e.g. Kell by Frank Langella, Elizar by Eric Etebari, Razeel by Juliet Landau, etc.)

vacantlook February 12th 09 01:45

Ooo, Juliet Landau would be wicked cool as a techno-mage.

KoshN February 12th 09 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacantlook (Post 336096)
Ooo, Juliet Landau would be wicked cool as a techno-mage.

Especially as the more than slightly crazy, homicidal Razeel (Elizar's sister). A lot like Drucilla.

Estelyn May 26th 10 23:11

I must say, I would have liked to see more of the technomages in this episode - I found their part of the plot weighed less than the Drazi conflict. However, there were several Lord of the Rings references there that I very much enjoyed. The "Do not try the patience of wizards" is a wonderful variation on a great original quote. Also, Vir's encounter with the fiery monster reminded me of Gandalf and the Balrog - I almost expected Vir to say, "You shall not pass"! It was nice to see his bravery in the face of apparent perceived danger. I also chuckled over his mixed-up metaphorical speech on the currents.

Another Centauri is introduced who is significant for much of the story in the next seasons - Lord Refa. His obvious scheming is almost as creepy as Morden's polite attitude. He repeats what Londo said to Morden about the Centauris' "rightful place in the galaxy" - why do they perceive themselves in a role which they really never had? Is it a "big frog in a small pond" syndrome?

I like seeing Garibaldi getting checked by the doctor - this is not a sci-fi universe with instant healing. It takes time, and he has scars.

Most annoying detail - the orange blossom that Elric gives Sheridan. Ansara (whom I remember well from Star Trek) acts wonderfully, and I would have liked to see more of him, but of course he speaks the lines given to him by the author. I hope we lose all those orange references soon.

JoeD80 May 26th 10 23:27

What's wrong with oranges? I love oranges. I wish there were more orange references. Anyway, there is a further point Joe is going for here in that Sheridan should start out in a happy-go-lucky space that slowly descends into the hardened version of Sheridan later.