B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: The Geometry Of Shadows (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=7811)

vacantlook April 12th 05 00:39

EpDis: The Geometry Of Shadows

Episode 2.03

Refresher Links:
The Lurker's Guide Main Page for The Geometry Of Shadows
The Lurker's Guide Extended Synopsis for The Geometry Of Shadows

deaded April 12th 05 01:17

Re: EpDis: The Geometry Of Shadows

A- because I didn't like the green and purple thing at all. It was just dumb for an intelligent spacefaring race.

Shaal Mayan April 12th 05 01:22

A Loved the intro of the technomages in the B5 universe .The Ivanova plotline however is definately a downer but not enough.

vacantlook April 12th 05 01:25

Well, the Green-Purple contest was an longtime cultural occurance for the Drazi, and there are some cultural things that just stick around for ages on ages. It was a contest of a considerable degree of chaos; who do we know that espoused the wonders of chaos and fighting that may have one day long ago injected this contest into Drazi culture long before the Drazi became a spacefaring race? Interesting to think about it that way, I think.

RMcD April 12th 05 10:07

This is one ep I can't dis! Geometry of Shadows is an out and out classic.. Vintage B5. :cool:

KoshFan April 12th 05 14:34

I love it. Vir has some great lines; Elric has some great lines; Ivanova has some great lines... who am I to argue with greatness?

Springer April 12th 05 17:00

I thought Michael Ansara was excellent as the technomage, although during the part with Sheridan in the Zocolo its obvious he is reading from cue cards! Londo and Vir are great in this episode, very watchable. Londo is flirting with darkness but in this episode he very much has his 'light' persona despite the dark undertones of what Elric tells him. Its an intriguing contrast.

What lets it down for me is the Drazi plot. I've never really though that the Drazi were fleshed out as well as other species in B5, and I thought the green/purple thing was too simplified, and it made the Drazi look a bit dumb IMO. Still, Garibaldi coming to the rescue is a good moment.

aajay April 12th 05 17:07

Liked all of it...even the green/purple conflice.
Another classic line comes near the end when Ivanova grabs the green scarf and the Drazi look befuddled cuz they are unsure if an "alien" can be green leader "rules still tied up in committee". Great line.
Was hoping to see more of the techno-mages in B5
Didn't know I had to wait until Crusade.

RW7427 April 12th 05 17:19

This in my opinion, is one of the best eps of season 2. :D

RMcD April 12th 05 17:37

Quote:

A- because I didn't like the green and purple thing at all. It was just dumb for an intelligent spacefaring race.

I think there are two psychologically distinct but physically identical species of Drazi. One half are the dumb, narrow-minded, gullible zealots seen in Parliament of Dreams, this episode, Rumours Bargains and Lies, the Paragon of Animals, and many others. The other half are the noble and self-sacrificing Drazi as portrayed in Matters of Honour, A Call to Arms, Shadow Dancing, Intersections in Real Time (kind of) etc. There doesn't seem to be any such a thing as an in-between Drazi, they're either one or the other. :)