B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Revelations (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=7748)

Estelyn May 26th 10 23:34

Re: EpDis: Revelations
 
One more thing bugs me as being inconsistent in this episode - the arrest and transfer of Garabaldi's aide. The characters make sure we are informed that a telepathic scan will not be admissible as evidence in court. Why then can he be arrested and jailed for his crime? And what's even more important, why does Earth Gov affirm his arrest by commanding him to be sent home for trial? Shouldn't they be saying, "Sorry, you can't arrest and convict him on this basis"?

KoshFan May 26th 10 23:59

Re: EpDis: Revelations
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Estelyn (Post 361922)
One more thing bugs me as being inconsistent in this episode - the arrest and transfer of Garabaldi's aide. The characters make sure we are informed that a telepathic scan will not be admissible as evidence in court. Why then can he be arrested and jailed for his crime? And what's even more important, why does Earth Gov affirm his arrest by commanding him to be sent home for trial? Shouldn't they be saying, "Sorry, you can't arrest and convict him on this basis"?

I thought all Talia did was jostle Garibaldi's memory. It's his testimony that would convict, since after all he's the only surviving witness of everything that the aide (Jack) did.

Estelyn May 27th 10 07:45

Re: EpDis: Revelations
 
Ah, that could be the solution to my question - thanks, KF!

Alioth March 20th 11 10:15

Re: EpDis: Revelations
 
The first time we see Clark, aside from his swearing-in on the ISN newscast (that classic chilling scene in "Chrysalis" when Kosh utters "and so it begins")--the first time we see him actually interacting with one of our characters (Sheridan). And boy does that give one the creeps, especially on second viewing after knowing just how evil his regime ends up being.

I like the awkward silence with Sheridan and Ivanova at the end, after learning of the traitor disappearing after supposedly being remanded to Earth custody. "It gets cold up here sometimes, doesn't it?" They both dare not, at this point, bring to words the implications this news brings, but boy is it the elephant in the room.

This is about where I'm at in my second-go-round of viewing the series (after just seeing the whole series the first time just these past few months).

vacantlook March 20th 11 22:33

Re: EpDis: Revelations
 
As always, we enjoy hearing about people's thoughts as they watch each episode, or in your case watch it for the second time. Please feel free to post as many of your thoughts as you feel like; we really do enjoy reading them.

Bab5nutz April 24th 11 22:51

Re: EpDis: Revelations
 
There was one thing that bugs me. It is a very little thing, but here goes

Who tidied Delenn up, and did her hair - ah new hair? Minbari aren't exactly hairy - the most you see is a few beards on the males. Delenn, as we see in "Soul Mates" hasn't the slightest idea what to do with it, or how to care for it. Did Lennier or Franklin send for a hairdresser?

I think I must have a hair hangup. In the fourth season, when Sheridan is stranded on Z'ha'dum, his hair is quite long for a military dude. Later, when he returns to B5 on Lorien's ship, his hair is very short. Did Lorien's rejuvination include a haircut? Did Sheridan stop at the hairdresser's on his way up to the protest meeting that was going on?

C.L.U. April 24th 11 23:22

Re: EpDis: Revelations
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bab5nutz (Post 369694)
In the fourth season, when Sheridan is stranded on Z'ha'dum, his hair is quite long for a military dude. Later, when he returns to B5 on Lorien's ship, his hair is very short. Did Lorien's rejuvination include a haircut? Did Sheridan stop at the hairdresser's on his way up to the protest meeting that was going on?

When Sheridan returns to the station and makes the big speech in The Summoning, he still has the same long hair. The new haircut appears in the next episode Falling Towards Apotheosis after he has been on the station at least for a few days.

My problem with Sheridan's hair starts in The Deconstruction Of Falling Stars. It's clearly dyed during the production of the fifth season and is clearly more reddish than before. Annoying little detail, but it's there.

Sindatur April 24th 11 23:29

Re: EpDis: Revelations
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bab5nutz (Post 369694)
There was one thing that bugs me. It is a very little thing, but here goes

Who tidied Delenn up, and did her hair - ah new hair? Minbari aren't exactly hairy - the most you see is a few beards on the males. Delenn, as we see in "Soul Mates" hasn't the slightest idea what to do with it, or how to care for it. Did Lennier or Franklin send for a hairdresser?

I think I must have a hair hangup. In the fourth season, when Sheridan is stranded on Z'ha'dum, his hair is quite long for a military dude. Later, when he returns to B5 on Lorien's ship, his hair is very short. Did Lorien's rejuvination include a haircut? Did Sheridan stop at the hairdresser's on his way up to the protest meeting that was going on?

Delenn's pretty bright, I think Ivanova fixing her hair for her the one time, showed her how to work with it, as you say, she had no clue up to that point, once she had a clue, she could easily enough figure out from there, with trial and error.

vacantlook April 25th 11 00:13

Re: EpDis: Revelations
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sindatur (Post 369696)
Delenn's pretty bright, I think Ivanova fixing her hair for her the one time, showed her how to work with it, as you say, she had no clue up to that point, once she had a clue, she could easily enough figure out from there, with trial and error.

What Bab5nutz is talking about is Delenn's hair here in the episode "Revelations", probably particularly the scene in the Captain's office when she pulls the hood off to reveal her new mostly human look complete with very well done hair, which takes place before the episode in which Ivanova shows Delenn how to do her hair. With Delenn's hair here, how did it get to looking so good since we see in the later episode when Ivanova shows her how to do her hair that at this point here in "Revelations" Delenn doesn't yet know.

Jan April 25th 11 01:36

Re: EpDis: Revelations
 
I don't think it's so much that Delenn doesn't know how to style her hair, it's that she doesn't know how to take care of it to keep it healthy. Remember that the Minbari use a chemical compound that strips the outer layer of cells so over time her hair became brittle and unmanageable.

Me, I always wondered how they got the strands out of that rock-like stuff all over her when she came out of the chrysalis. She's lucky she had any hair at all!

Jan


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2008 B5TV.COM