B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Babylon Squared (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=7602)

Jade Jaguar February 28th 05 02:50

Re: EpDis: Babylon Squared

In other words, Delenn wasn't inclined to marry for prophet. :D

hypatia February 28th 05 02:59

Quote:

:rolleyes:

Wow. Imagine that. The Narn Bat Squad is more than willing to do this job for free. :)

Personally, I think it makes perfect sense to have Delenn fall in love, marry Sinclair, get pregnant and then at the very end of the series learn along with the rest of them who he was destined to be.

But I don't know much about what JMS has confirmed and/or denied. But it would have made one hell of an ending to a 5-year series.

2aMageing February 28th 05 05:15

Quote:

owwwww..........OWWWWWWWW........that hurt........funny, but still............owwwwwww
:rolleyes: .......... :D

Actually I'd give this episode a B..........Considering it was almost entirely dedicated to foreshadowing and development and didn't really have a complete story of it's own, it was quite well done.

Buuuuuuuut........since it DID have the legendary Fasten/Zip Zip/Fasten controversy.......... :D .....I guess I can bump it to an A-......... :)

GKarsEye February 28th 05 05:28

This is an off-the-chart A episode. This is the ep where, if you're watching the show for the first time and you hadn't realised this is something different and special, this is what knocks that into your skull.

For those like me who love being confused and watching weird shit, it's great.

IIRC, JMS claims Delenn would never have hooked up with Delenn. The only think I think I'm sure that would have happened had Sinclair staid is that War Without End would have been the last episode of the series.

deaded February 28th 05 08:57

Quote:

IIRC, JMS claims Delenn would never have hooked up with Delenn

No, I never thought that would happen either :rolleyes:

A_M_Swallow February 28th 05 15:37

One possibility is that a General escapes Earth and joins Babylon 5 in season 2 or 3. When Sinclair goes to Z'ha'dum the General takes over Babylon 5. Sinclair gets injured on Z'ha'dum, returns with Lorien and then takes Babylon 4 back in time. The two stations fight the Shadow War on two fronts. After "In to the Fire" the General attacks Earth.

vacantlook February 28th 05 17:35

I have also thought that such a "General" would have been the original way things would have gone, as Andrew says. I've even wondered if it might have been General Hague himself that would have filled such a position.

B5_Obsessed February 28th 05 19:11

Quote:

(this being the same alternate universe in which a determined Sinclair crashes the nukes into Z'ha'dum at the end of Season 3 as a Shadow-possessed Catherine Sakai advances slowly towards him..)

Hell, go for broke. Why not make it the original planetary prospector Carolyn Sikes? If you follow the original story for her and Sinclair, he probably would have decided to get married and leave the station just like she suggested in "The Gathering". He was a True Seeker after all.

"Oh, but first, Jeff, I have to run one more survey on the Rim. See you in a couple of weeks...... "

B5obsessive February 28th 05 20:46

Really good ep, and without it WWE1+2 would make our heads explode. (Time-travel stories still give me a migrane) The breakfast scene is a classic (Michael is a very brave and/or stupid man!) But Major Krantz! Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear. :eek: I love that bit when Susan says "And I missed it!" Um, no, you didn't. Believe it or not, you were there the whole time! All in all, a B++, as my A's are reserved for a few VERY special episodes.

KoshFan February 28th 05 21:31

I forgot the breakfast scene. My favorite bits are Sinclair telling Garibaldi, "I'll notify your next of kin" and then looking furtively in the direction Ivanova left as he hurries off in the opposite direction.