B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Legacies (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=7385)

vacantlook January 25th 05 16:10

Re: EpDis: Legacies

Quote:

...but the girl was annoying.

Yeah, was she ever!

PillowRock January 25th 05 18:03

Caste (generally speaking) comes from your parents' caste. What that exchange is still vague about is whether the rule for parents from different castes is:

If one parent is Religous that takes precidence of the other parent's Warrior status (which in turn would likely take precidence over Worker, given most of the attitudes that we see during the series).

Or

The mother's always takes precidence.

Either one has to do with parents and makes mentioning them relevent.

KoshFan January 25th 05 20:08

Well, I think according to the Lurker's Guide Legacies was originally intended to air after B Squared but for some reason they needed to move it -- I think so "A Voice in the Wilderness" would have a better airing time.

B5_Obsessed January 26th 05 13:21

Quote:

Well, I think according to the Lurker's Guide Legacies was originally intended to air after B Squared but for some reason they needed to move it -- I think so "A Voice in the Wilderness" would have a better airing time.

I believe there were a few times when they altered the airing to accomodate the completion of the heavier FX laden episodes. A Voice in the Wilderness definitely qualifies. For Season 1, it was very heavy on FX.

PillowRock January 26th 05 14:56

There were also a few times in the first and second seasons when episodes got swapped purely because of PTEN's fairly odd pattern of when new episodes aired and when reruns aired. Either they wanted to start a run of new eps with a bang, or finish a run of new eps with something of teaser to bring people back later, or they didn't want a 2-parter split with 2 months between part 1 and part 2, or whatever.

Shaal Mayan February 2nd 05 18:06

I thought it was excellant with a good introduction to the character of Neroon and seeing Talia and Ivanova square off on the fate of a young teep .Makes this one of my favs and because a few glimpses of minbari funearls at least among the warrior caste.

Cell September 3rd 08 23:06

http://worldsoforos.com/secondviews/...babylon-5-117/

Estelyn May 20th 10 13:28

I just checked to see who wrote this episode - I was pretty sure it wasn't JMS. Certainly Delenn has a darker side and is stronger and more dangerous than she appears, but she seems to be out of character in this story. Being so fanatic about an issue that she lets others take the blame and endangers the whole station, even to the point of risking a new war, just does not conform with her actions before and after this episode. The whole idea of serving others, which she preaches, does not go with letting others suffer for her actions. Of course we see enough characters in and around B5 who don't practice what they preach, but I don't see Delenn as one of them.

I too went "What the...?!" when the ship approached the station - the open gunports tradition of the Minbari should be known to EarthForces by now. Why the panicky surprise?

Though he picks a fight every time he has an opportunity, I like Neroon, who is introduced here. There's something about him that makes him believable as a member of the warrior caste and interesting as a character. Part of that is his sense of humour - subtle, but winning. We see so few humorous Minbari.

I also like the way Talia and Ivanova's relationship progresses. Though they squabble about the destiny of the young telepath, it seems more like two parents disagreeing about how to raise their kid - I don't get a feeling of animosity anymore. And like parents, they let their protegé go when she makes her own decision.

JoeD80 May 20th 10 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estelyn (Post 361689)
I too went "What the...?!" when the ship approached the station - the open gunports tradition of the Minbari should be known to EarthForces by now. Why the panicky surprise?

Probably because the Minbari knew by now that it was a threatening gesture to the humans so it caught them off-guard. The Warrior Caste were making a deliberate decision here and probably don't normally approach the station this way, even if it is their tradition.

KoshFan May 21st 10 02:33

Yeah, the easiest fan-wank is that the Minbari haven't been coming in with open ports in the past ten years -- but Neroon was looking for a fight, or at the least was unwilling to bend tradition even an inch for mere humans.