B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Eyes (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=7324)

maneth September 1st 08 18:24

Re: EpDis: Eyes
 
Well yeah. It would suit him well enough, crazy that he was.

Estelyn May 19th 10 23:24

Re: EpDis: Eyes
 
What I like in this episode is the fact that Sinclair is confronted with his past decisions - not because they were not good, but because he has enemies in EarthDome. Almost every episode so far is referenced here. There is a good deal of continuity and connection involved. And once again Sinclair manages to read between the lines and turn regulations around to suit his own purposes.

I do like seeing how sarcastic the enforced obedience of the station officers is - exaggerated affirmatives etc. And it is nice to get to know at least one PsiCorps member who is honestly trying to do his best - plus we get a first look at the law against telepaths in the military, which is referenced much later in "Crusade".

Ivanova's reason for not wanting to be scanned is quite touching - not wishing to ruin her memories of her mother's touching her mind.

JoeD80 May 19th 10 23:30

Re: EpDis: Eyes
 
A comment on the polls - I guess something in the database got moved because the answers correspond correctly but the questions are off. I noticed the other episodes titles in the threads didn't match the thread titles, but this one asks "Do you want to do Jude Law" with the answers of Excellent/Good/etc.

KoshFan May 19th 10 23:57

Re: EpDis: Eyes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Estelyn (Post 361674)
Once again Sinclair manages to read between the lines and turn regulations around to suit his own purposes.

I do like seeing how sarcastic the enforced obedience of the station officers is - exaggerated affirmatives etc. And it is nice to get to know at least one PsiCorps member who is honestly trying to do his best - plus we get a first look at the law against telepaths in the military, which is referenced much later in "Crusade".

Our heroes dance within the regulations for as long as they can... but eventually the letter of the law fails the spirit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estelyn (Post 361674)
Ivanova's reason for not wanting to be scanned is quite touching - not wishing to ruin her memories of her mother's touching her mind.

And of course it covers for her secret.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeD80 (Post 361675)
A comment on the polls - I guess something in the database got moved because the answers correspond correctly but the questions are off. I noticed the other episodes titles in the threads didn't match the thread titles, but this one asks "Do you want to do Jude Law" with the answers of Excellent/Good/etc.

A problem so old, Joe, that the rest of us have forgotten it... as I recall, we tried to do something about it, failed, gave up, and gradually started to ignore it.

vacantlook May 20th 10 01:08

Re: EpDis: Eyes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeD80 (Post 361675)
A comment on the polls - I guess something in the database got moved because the answers correspond correctly but the questions are off. I noticed the other episodes titles in the threads didn't match the thread titles, but this one asks "Do you want to do Jude Law" with the answers of Excellent/Good/etc.

This message board used to run on different software. A good number of the episode discussion threads were posted while we were still on that software. When we changed and started using different software to run the board, and ported the old threads over into the new software, something went screwy and the titles of the polls in the episode discussion threads got messed up somehow.

Alioth March 21st 11 12:17

Re: EpDis: Eyes
 
I love how the guy starts hitting on Ivanova in the bar, calling her "cute", and then she repeats "cute?", and... cut to new scene. Made me laugh the first time I saw it, because you just know that a whole lot of whoopass, and probably some censored remarks, immediately followed that (which we see the end of later).

Lennier's Tears October 8th 15 02:45

Re: EpDis: Eyes
 
I like this one. An "angry internal affairs dude has it in for Sinclair because he's jealous about having been passed over for the command" plot could be pretty "meh" by itself, but I love how this episode references everything that has come before, and includes a bunch of things that will be important later on (like, background stuff about Mars and things that are going on back on Earth, Ivanova's attitude towards the Psi Corps, etc. ). I also like the Harriman Grey character a lot, and I enjoy Ben Zayn's creepy obsessive behavior.

My list of little things:
  • Glad to see Lou Welch. I feel bad for him about having his meal interrupted.
  • I enjoy Lennier's interest in Garibaldi's motorcycle-building project
  • Garibaldi and Harriman Grey have a conversation through a closed door. Is there some kind of intercom system or is there really no privacy at all in those quarters?
  • Garibaldi's security office is very colorful :D
  • 1.4 hours for a file transfer seems like a loooong time.
  • What's the "interweb" ?
  • Ivanova tells Grey that if he gets into her mind, she will rip off his head and use it for a chamberpot. I like the fact that Ivanova, born in 2230, has this word handy in her vocabulary like that.
  • I think I've said this in another thread, but those coffee cups (pictured below) are the worst shape! I'm assuming that they are real cups that the people in charge of props bought somewhere, so presumably real people out in the world have used them. Seems mighty inconvenient to me :p

http://www.lotje.be/fanstuff/eyes1.jpg

http://www.lotje.be/fanstuff/eyes2.jpg

Mororless October 8th 15 09:19

Re: EpDis: Eyes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears (Post 452006)
I What's the "interweb" ?

A series of tubes.

Lennier's Tears October 8th 15 11:41

Re: EpDis: Eyes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mororless (Post 452008)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears (Post 452006)
I What's the "interweb" ?

A series of tubes.

Heh :lol:

Springer October 9th 15 21:05

Re: EpDis: Eyes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lennier's Tears (Post 452006)
[*]I think I've said this in another thread, but those coffee cups (pictured below) are the worst shape! I'm assuming that they are real cups that the people in charge of props bought somewhere, so presumably real people out in the world have used them. Seems mighty inconvenient to me :p[/LIST]
http://www.lotje.be/fanstuff/eyes1.jpg

http://www.lotje.be/fanstuff/eyes2.jpg

They're nautical coffee mugs - the broad bottoms make them difficult to spill on the high seas. Not sure why they'd be needed on B5 though.

Also useful for drinking from when next to your computer to avoid spilling all across your keyboard if you knock the mug with your elbow!


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2008 B5TV.COM