B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: By Any Means Necessary (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=7102)

Jan November 2nd 15 11:39

Re: EpDis: By Any Means Necessary

Quote:

Originally Posted by B5 in Oz (Post 452103)
Do you think that the character accent of Londo was deliberately leaning towards German? as the Centauri were depicted as a kind off master race?

No it wasn't. Peter Jurasik's often said that he invented the accent on his own with no suggestions from production.

Jan

Wulf November 2nd 15 13:53

It never occurred to me that the Centauri could be anything but Roman, with Cartagia being a variation on Caligula.

B5 in Oz November 2nd 15 20:08

Good points guys,

Dorvo November 4th 15 01:45

For his accent, I'd lean towards generalized Euro trash. If I had to pin it down, it's vaguely Romanian, Count Dracula sounding to me, with a little Russian thrown in for seasoning.

B5 in Oz November 5th 15 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 452116)
Quote:

Originally Posted by B5 in Oz (Post 452103)
Do you think that the character accent of Londo was deliberately leaning towards German? as the Centauri were depicted as a kind off master race?

No it wasn't. Peter Jurasik's often said that he invented the accent on his own with no suggestions from production.

Jan

Thats interesting Jan, I wonder if anyone asked Peter what the accent was meant to be if anything?

Jan November 5th 15 01:19

it's been a long time and I don't think I'd be able to find the source as it was in an interview but if I recall correctly, he had recently been turned down for a part requiring an accent because whatever it was didn't sound right. So he devised the Londo accent from a number of elements on the theory that nobody could tell him that his accent didn't sound Centauri.
:lol:

Jan

B5 in Oz November 5th 15 02:59

:guffaw:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 452138)
it's been a long time and I don't think I'd be able to find the source as it was in an interview but if I recall correctly, he had recently been turned down for a part requiring an accent because whatever it was didn't sound right. So he devised the Londo accent from a number of elements on the theory that nobody could tell him that his accent didn't sound Centauri.
:lol:

Jan

Ubik November 8th 15 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wulf (Post 452117)
It never occurred to me that the Centauri could be anything but Roman, with Cartagia being a variation on Caligula.

I always thought there was some Prussian influence too.