B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: The War Prayer (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=6883)

Wulf August 19th 15 13:52

Re: EpDis: The War Prayer

[QUOTE=Lennier's Tears;451877]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wulf (Post 451874)
None of them have turned to murdering people for their beliefs though.

...That you know of. :wtf:

Lennier's Tears August 19th 15 16:22

I suppose that's true :p

Dorvo October 9th 15 18:54

I'm rewatching the series and just got to this one. I like the episode overall, and agree that it usefully extends the "anti alien paranoia" thread that eventually becomes so important to the story. The one drawback for me is Shaal Mayan. I find her patronizing and infuriatingly smug, getting snippy with Garibaldi as he's trying to investigate the attack on her, or lecturing Londo on the power of love (not that he couldn't use one--I just object to her tone, and her as the messenger). The worst is the final scene, where she and Delenn and G'Kar are tut-tutting about how full of hate the humans are "for no real reason." Well, lady, trying to exterminate your race has a tendency to tick you off a little. You'd think as a supposedly sensitive poet, she'd get that.

Still, it's a minor blemish in an otherwise good story in a sometimes blemished but overall amazing sci fi series.

Lennier's Tears October 11th 15 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorvo (Post 452016)
I'm rewatching the series and just got to this one. I like the episode overall, and agree that it usefully extends the "anti alien paranoia" thread that eventually becomes so important to the story. The one drawback for me is Shaal Mayan. I find her patronizing and infuriatingly smug, getting snippy with Garibaldi as he's trying to investigate the attack on her, or lecturing Londo on the power of love (not that he couldn't use one--I just object to her tone, and her as the messenger). The worst is the final scene, where she and Delenn and G'Kar are tut-tutting about how full of hate the humans are "for no real reason." Well, lady, trying to exterminate your race has a tendency to tick you off a little. You'd think as a supposedly sensitive poet, she'd get that.

Still, it's a minor blemish in an otherwise good story in a sometimes blemished but overall amazing sci fi series.

I don't find her annoying, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. She's definitely a bit smug here and there. I'm kinda glad I don't find her too annoying because that would take away from my enjoyment of the episode. I tend to be overly sensitive to characters I find annoying. Obviously they don't make the story bad or unrealistic, but I just can't get over how annoying they are ... It's worse with sneakily evil characters, they tend to stress me out.