B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Mind War (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=6846)

RMcD November 2nd 04 04:11

Re: EpDis: Mind War

Quote:

Which theme? Because the main title music was one of the things that really caught me.

The one I'm thinking of plays when Ironheart first appears to Talia in the corridor, again in the transport tube, and again when she walks through the force wall. It also plays during the flashback to this episode in A Race Through Dark Places, and it's the basis of one of the tracks on the first B5 soundtrack CD (which is brilliant!)

Belthazor November 10th 04 05:59

And what about towards the end when Ironheart had said to Sinclair that he would see him again in a million years...I've alwayz wondered if that was preclue to Deconstuction of Stars...cause Ironheart turned into a being of light and so did the being that was saving the archived records before the sun went nova in DoS...

RW7427 November 10th 04 18:04

It's presumed that Humans, by then, have taken the next step in their evolution to First One status by becoming energy beings like the Vorlons.

vacantlook November 10th 04 18:22

I wonder if whatever forced process the PsiCorps used on Ironheart had a similar over-a-long-time process that is what Humans go through in their evolution between us and the being in Deconstruction.

ShadowSentient November 16th 04 02:28

Quote:

Probably my favorite bit of this episode is the G'kar/Catherine interaction. At first G'kar's up to his old tricks, blustering and intimidating -- and then he sends a "heavily armed" fighter to the same place, and everyone who doesn't yet know how these shows work is thinking, "Crap, he's going to kill her!" But no, it's the introduction of the First Ones and the Narns are there to rescue her. But the best is yet to come, as G'kar explains his motivations, and then gives that brief and yet profoundly eloquent speech about "those who walk near Sigma 957..."

It's really the first time we see any real compassion or depth of character to G'kar, and also the first time we really encounter his spectacular gift with words. We see, in this episode, the building blocks of the Narn we've all come to know and love from the later seasons.

Absofragginlutely.
The quote about us being mere ants to the Old Ones and the fact that we can either keep from being underfoot or be stepped on, followed by the comment about being glad that there are still mysteries in the universe that we haven't solved, made me look twice at G'Kar and really start to appreciate him. All other aspects of the episode were good ... but not as important to me. I do however agree that the campiness of the over annunciated dialogue was a plaguing factor for nearly every character that did it aside from ... maybe ... Draal.

B5obsessive November 24th 04 14:40

Brilliant ep. That Moment between Susan and Talia is pure gold. Susan looks like she's thinking "Must-not-throw-up!", but there's something else there, a moment of solidarity and understanding. Andrea's acting is phenomenal, she looks-defiled somehow, ashamed. A thought came into my head while I was watching this, and I imagined it in Susan's voice, let me know what you think: "If the Corps is Mother and the Corps is Father, then this is child abuse!" :eek:

Valen go with you

GreenMonkey November 29th 04 21:16

B-

Quote:

Absofragginlutely.
The quote about us being mere ants to the Old Ones and the fact that we can either keep from being underfoot or be stepped on, followed by the comment about being glad that there are still mysteries in the universe that we haven't solved, made me look twice at G'Kar and really start to appreciate him.

Best part of the ep.

I have a feeling it would be a better ep, except with Talia being "trapdoored" later it kind of makes this episode halfway pointless. An aborted story arc here that, perhaps, could have been better.

Cell June 1st 08 22:15

New review is up,

http://worldsoforos.com/secondviews/...-106/#more-352

A_M_Swallow June 2nd 08 02:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cell (Post 323136)
New review is up,

From review
"If Ironheartís numbers on the amount of human teeps and teeks is correct then one wonders how come they are still an inferior power to mundane humans? If there numbers are that strong they should because of their powers be the dominant people among the humans.
"

Not the teep way. Teeps are the power behind the throne, they allow mundanes to be the front guy. They exercise power by advising the front guy. For instance in negotiations the buyer and the seller are both mundanes, they simply tell their man when the other man is lying.

"Sinclair tells Bester to omit any involvement on Taliaís part. But, we all know Bester will file an unofficial report detailing everything that happened. Why then doesnít Talia ever face any repercussions for her actions in aiding Ironheart?"

Bester cannot give an honest report, as he said, he would not be believed.

hypatia June 2nd 08 03:49

Well, Talia had another mission, far more important, that in retrospect would have saved her from any minor prosecution annoyance, right? I guess that wasn't the plan at this stage of the story, but as things played out later, that's the way it would have been. :)