B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=6799)

vacantlook October 26th 04 13:43

Re: EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams
 
Quote:

I did like the switching of the fruit that you can "just" see in the background. Wasn't that his doing, not in the script?

Yeah, it sounds like it something that would be done sort of ad lib like that.

Granite October 26th 04 20:10

Re: EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams
 
I love this episode simply for the end -

when the ambassadors are getting introduced to earth's dominate religion - they say "where's the chanting" "I don't hear any drums".

I thought showing members of every single earth religion was great. It really showed that "humans build communities". I noted to that the first inroduction was to an atheist. Is the choice a reflection of JMS beliefs or just the need to begin with the first letter of the alphabet?

hypatia October 26th 04 22:05

Re: EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams
 
I don't think he went in alphabetical order. So no, possibly he was thinking mathematically.

You must start with nothing, after all. ;)

From nothing you can build anything.

fisheggs October 26th 04 22:52

Re: EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams
 
Quote:

I don't think he went in alphabetical order. So no, possibly he was thinking mathematically.

You must start with nothing, after all. ;)

From nothing you can build anything.

Yep, you're a math teacher all right!! :D

Or an Iraqi terorist :o Mr Asscroft!!! Help , she' trying to force Science on us!!!! :o

phoenixrising October 26th 04 23:01

Re: EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams
 
I agree the plot with G'Kar borders on being overdone to the point of slapstick, I gave this ep a B. The display of the various religions, the introduction of so many characters (e.g. Lennier, Na'Toth, Catherine Sakai) all make this a must see ep.

My favorite line is after Na'Toth beats the crap of G'Kar to free him.

Na'Toth: 'I had to hit them (the pain givers) as hard as possible, as often as possible and still make it appear as though I were beating you into another incarnation.'
G'Kar: 'And you didn't enjoy it in the least?'
Na'Toth: 'I didn't say that.'

hypatia October 26th 04 23:59

Re: EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams
 
Quote:


Yep, you're a math teacher all right!! :D

Or an Iraqi terorist :o Mr Asscroft!!! Help , she' trying to force Science on us!!!! :o

Never confuse mathematics with science. :devil: ;)

PhoenixRising:
Quote:

agree the plot with G'Kar borders on being overdone to the point of slapstick, I gave this ep a B. The display of the various religions, the introduction of so many characters (e.g. Lennier, Na'Toth, Catherine Sakai) all make this a must see ep.

Yea, but I must confess, a slapstick that I liked.

I suppose both Londo and G'Kar had to go through a kind of "clown" stage before the real character development could take off.

Quote:

My favorite line is after Na'Toth beats the crap of G'Kar to free him.

Na'Toth: 'I had to hit them (the pain givers) as hard as possible, as often as possible and still make it appear as though I were beating you into another incarnation.'
G'Kar: 'And you didn't enjoy it in the least?'
Na'Toth: 'I didn't say that.'

The evil, Cat-bert in me gets WAAAAAAAAAY too much pleasure out of that line. :devil:

aajay October 27th 04 11:44

Re: EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams
 
The best season 1 episode so far. The Centauri banquet was great!
Loved seeing a Narn wear glasses. :D
NaToth was some tuff cookie (a Narn Emma Peele). And the very sensual Mimbari ritual.
Great, Great episode.

vacantlook October 27th 04 12:24

Re: EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams
 
Quote:

Mimbari

MiNbari

Stanley October 27th 04 15:08

Re: EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams
 
I give it a B. It's one of my favorite episodes from season one, mainly because of the G'Kar plot. G'Kar screaming in terror at a flower -- hilarious.

Lousy_Dodgers August 21st 07 05:47

Re: EpDis: The Parliament Of Dreams
 
I was rewatching this tonight and I finally noticed G'Kar switching the fruit...too funny. I like the way that JMS puts an episode like this early in the series to offset the view of G'Kar as a quasi villain that comes across in other parts of season 1.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2008 B5TV.COM