B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: The Gathering (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=6648)

vacantlook April 22nd 09 02:38

Re: EpDis: The Gathering

Oh, and I still like the ears on Delenn in The Gathering more than I do the ears they gave the Minbari in the show-proper. I'm fine with softening the brow and chin, but the show's ears look like the flat prosthetic that they are; but, The Gathering ears look like actual ears with a canal into the head and all.

Alexa April 22nd 09 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacantlook (Post 340873)
Oh, and I still like the ears on Delenn in The Gathering more than I do the ears they gave the Minbari in the show-proper. I'm fine with softening the brow and chin, but the show's ears look like the flat prosthetic that they are; but, The Gathering ears look like actual ears with a canal into the head and all.

I didn`t notice her ears. I`ll go back and look. :)

Alexa April 22nd 09 02:57

You are absolutely right! I always disliked the Minbari ears in the series. The pattern on her 'bone' is different also, isn`t it?

vacantlook April 22nd 09 03:42

Yeah, the bones are quite a bit different. The bones in the series are a greyish blue, where as the one in The Gathering is brownish.

Sindatur April 22nd 09 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 340865)
and i`m still a bit confused as to the order of the series and the movies. I tend to watch things chronologically when possible, regardless of when they were made, so I guess The Gathering is my starting point. I have watched the series many times, the movies less as I didn`t get them until much later.

Sorry, KoshN generally posts an explicit response to such requests, that must be a thread he didn't get a chance to reply to. One of the Kosh (KoshN or KoshFan), or maybe even VacantLook or a couple others may provide a better slightly adjusted list (including Movies), but, this is the Lurker's guide version, which also includes the JMS preferred order of the mangled continuity of Crusade (D@mn you TNT)

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countr...er/eplist.html

Alexa April 22nd 09 03:47

Thanks again. I really appreciate all the responses to my questions. I truly feel like an amateur here when I read some of the in-depth discussions between some members here. I hope I am not being too much of a pest! :)

Sindatur April 22nd 09 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 340886)
Thanks again. I really appreciate all the responses to my questions. I truly feel like an amateur here when I read some of the in-depth discussions between some members here. I hope I am not being too much of a pest! :)

Oh, on that list at that link, you can click on each episode title and be taken to an analysis of the time with some more recent updates as well, so that may be fun for you to try as you're watching, if you didn't follow the Lurker's Guide back in the Day

Jade Jaguar April 22nd 09 04:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 340850)
Also....something that has struck me since I first started watching...well, I guess it was years ago. I think JMS liked to play with our prejudices a little. He made Londo a sympathetic character at first, and G`Kar the villian....then switched them about (at least partially). I think people were very ready to accept that the more 'human' looking Londo was a good guy, and the very 'alien' G`Kar was the evil. I wonder how some reacted when they were 'switched'?

I agree completely that JMS was playing with our prejudices. But, I don't think G'Kar was exactly a villain. He was made out to be an angry, accusatory, hot-head, which is not exactly a sympathetic character to most people. But, he and the Narns had every right to feel that way, given their history with the Centauri. So, I liked G'Kar from the start, because I sympathized with his feelings right away. He grew to be by far my favorite character.

Alexa April 22nd 09 04:55

Oh crud! I just voted in the poll at the top of this discussion, then realized it isn`t the poll for this ep. What is "Keep Chapel"?

KoshFan April 22nd 09 05:19

The polls got seriously messed up somehow, none of them match their threads. The internet does strange things sometimes...

The big debate over movies is which to watch when. Do you watch the Gathering first, or In the Beginning? Chronologically it should be the latter, but dramatically speaking you gotta put the Gathering first. Except that in the new/improved version of the Gathering Kosh drops quite the spoiler...

I often advocate watching "Midnight on the Firing Line" first, but I'll admit it's been many a year since I saw the Gathering.