B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Is it time to go beyond the rim? (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=45815)

Sinclair April 17th 17 13:24

Re: Is it time to go beyond the rim?

Hey hypatia! I actually check in almost daily, it's just that my posts aren't quite as frequent!

hypatia April 18th 17 02:35

It's good to see some familiar names. :cool:

I hope life has been good to you.

TestingMarkas April 18th 17 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 457606)
Markas or RW, FYI, a few folks over on JMSnews have mentioned that they tried to sign in or register here and weren't able. Can somebody check the registration mechanism and see if it needs to be kicked?

Thanks,
Jan

Antony advises that he worked on the registration system. This is a test. I assume it works. :)

Please let anyone know...anywhere, that we can be registered at again.

hypatia April 19th 17 03:06

So, did Markas pass? :cardie:

dawnchild April 19th 17 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markas (Post 457838)
Nice seeing some old-timers around the place.

*waves to Markas* long time no see :)

Sinclair April 19th 17 22:51

It's starting to feel more and more like a reunion! I hope more start popping up.

Where you at Recoil?

Hello, Lyta?

Solaris, did you grow up?

GKar'sEye, you returned briefly, are you still alive?

Alas, questions that may never be answered...

Kraig April 20th 17 06:28

Whatever happened to Jade Jaguar?

RW7427 April 20th 17 23:56

Oh Booji don't tell me there's two of Markas now! :eek: :wtf: :lol:

dawnchild April 21st 17 09:41

Yup, he has cloned himself :D

Markas April 22nd 17 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnchild (Post 457889)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Markas (Post 457838)
Nice seeing some old-timers around the place.

*waves to Markas* long time no see :)

Hello my dear Dawnchild. It's been an age and a half! I feel like you've been under Z'ha'dum or something. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinclair (Post 457890)
It's starting to feel more and more like a reunion! I hope more start popping up.

Where you at Recoil?

Hello, Lyta?

Solaris, did you grow up?

GKar'sEye, you returned briefly, are you still alive?

Alas, questions that may never be answered...

I am in regularish contact with Lyta. Maybe I'll poke her, so to speak.

I stayed in touch with Solaris for a time after he left but it's been ages. I think he was 17 years old when last we corresponded. :cardie: His last post was January 5, 2005. He's nearly 30 now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraig (Post 457891)
Whatever happened to Jade Jaguar?

Ah the names swirl in memory, don't they? I have no idea. I do see Sindatur from time to time over at TrekBBS. He still uses an owl avatar even there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RW7427 (Post 457892)
Oh Booji don't tell me there's two of Markas now! :eek: :wtf: :lol:

Hmm, perhaps I should dust off my old Booji avatar for my alter-ego. :lol:

Alexa April 23rd 17 02:06

Just saw the post on FB so am popping in....*waves*

John Joshua April 23rd 17 07:52

Just sticking my oar in to say that, while I've been reading this page for many years, it's the recent flurry of comments in other places that has made me actually register and comment. Hopefully others will do the same and - maybe - reinvigorate the debate.

dawnchild April 23rd 17 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markas (Post 457923)
Hello my dear Dawnchild. It's been an age and a half! I feel like you've been under Z'ha'dum or something. ;)

It has indeed! Good to see you, Markas. We all walk in Dark places sometimes.. ;) but then we return to the Light http://www.b5tv.com/images/smilies/bolian.gif

Markas April 29th 17 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 457943)

Nice to see you here again, Alexa. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Joshua (Post 457945)
Just sticking my oar in to say that, while I've been reading this page for many years, it's the recent flurry of comments in other places that has made me actually register and comment. Hopefully others will do the same and - maybe - reinvigorate the debate.

I'm glad you stuck your oar in so far that you've registered. Now...fix that avatar. ;)

Looney April 29th 17 02:30

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :thumbsup:

After months of efforts and tireless vigilance from Markas and the aid of Sinclair, Kraig, Jan, dawnchild, and anyone else I am forgetting Looney is FINALLY able to post.

HI EVERYBODY!!!!

And in answer to the question. NO. I am finally here so no it is not time to move beyond the rim. And I am just going to apologize in advance to everyone who is going to think I am an idiot in the future. :guffaw:

Kraig April 29th 17 07:19

So glad you finally got to post here Looney. :thumbsup:

Looney April 29th 17 14:42

Thanks Kraig! Glad to be here!!! ;)

hypatia April 29th 17 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looney (Post 457982)
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :thumbsup:

After months of efforts and tireless vigilance from Markas and the aid of Sinclair, Kraig, Jan, dawnchild, and anyone else I am forgetting Looney is FINALLY able to post.

HI EVERYBODY!!!!

And in answer to the question. NO. I am finally here so no it is not time to move beyond the rim. And I am just going to apologize in advance to everyone who is going to think I am an idiot in the future. :guffaw:

Well, I can see how the site's owner (Antony) might think it was time to move on if he couldn't see how many people were trying to peek in. :)

Welcome, Looney. Nice name! :thumbsup:

Looney April 30th 17 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 457990)
Welcome, Looney. Nice name! :thumbsup:

I wish it were a name. It is more of a state of mind. :guffaw: ;)

Thanks! :thumbsup:

John Joshua April 30th 17 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markas (Post 457980)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 457943)

Nice to see you here again, Alexa. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Joshua (Post 457945)

I'm glad you stuck your oar in so far that you've registered. Now...fix that avatar. ;)

I would if I could figure out how to --- but it seems far from intuitive. :confused:

dawnchild April 30th 17 22:06

Great that you managed to finally join us here, Looney! *waves* :D

Looney May 1st 17 19:34

Yep! SO GLAD TO BE HERE! (waves back) :thumbsup:

KoshFan May 13th 17 22:46

Goodness. I'm seeing a ton of people I can't even remember. And yes, I haven't been around for some time now, but still...

I am currently without a functional computer (and I am grateful for my tax dollars providing me with a decent library system), but as soon as that's fixed, I'll try to pop in more regularly.

My sweetheart Adrian and I got to Severed Dreams the other week. Just as good as ever, we're both loving it. (Adrian completely forgot about Delenn and the Minbari until they showed up, just as jms intended... although it's still glaringly obvious that Draal would have weighed in if necessary.) So yes, we have new converts, even after all this time.

RW7427 May 14th 17 01:36

Hey KoshFan! :D

Looney May 15th 17 13:46

So KoshFan as I read a map should I always start in the "Upper Left-Hand Corner"? ;) :lol:

LondosHair May 17th 17 20:08

Hi. :)

Regardless of what ends up happening...

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we’ve exchanged. Long after we are gone, our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

Sinclair May 17th 17 20:39

LondosHair, it's awesome to see you popping back in here. How long has it been? Seems like many years to me! I hope you've been well.

deaded May 23rd 17 11:58

I'd be really bummed if this place disappeared. I check in regularly but don't post much. I hope someone decides to keep this site up.

Looney May 24th 17 15:49

So does anyone think it is actually still going to go away? Is anyone watching on the Go90 app? I thought that would start generating more discussion. :confused:

hypatia May 28th 17 16:23

I'm not sure where we are at the moment. Markas may have more current info.

Sinclair May 28th 17 23:39

I still vote, fight! We've definitely seen a small resurgence.

dawnchild May 29th 17 10:48

^^ I agree with Sinclair! http://www.b5tv.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Looney May 30th 17 14:05

It is just amazing to me that there hasn't been more discussion with Go90 showing up. I will keep fighting. I don't think we are going anywhere because I know Markas is still helping sort out any new member issues. We just need to keep talking and if you are not talking you need to start saying stuff instead of reading all our brilliant thoughts and not commenting on them. :scream: :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :lol:

Demonn June 1st 17 16:22

It was also on Netflix a while back... then they took it off. :(

Looney June 3rd 17 19:34

Yeah hopefully it will either do well enough on Go90 that they extended the licensing agreement past one year or it does well enough that Netflix re-license it. I doubt this will happen since Netflix didn't renew it while Sense 8 was on Netflix and it seems less likely now that Netflix has canceled Sense 8. :mad:

LondosHair June 10th 17 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinclair (Post 458263)
LondosHair, it's awesome to see you popping back in here. How long has it been? Seems like many years to me! I hope you've been well.

I have been, old friend. Thanks! I haven't laid eyes on an episode of B5 in at least 10 years. I'm afraid it just hasn't aged well. Hoping now that Sense8 has been canned, JMS makes a real effort to bring back B5. I used to be 100% anti-reboot, but I've done a complete 180 on that.

Looney June 10th 17 03:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondosHair (Post 458439)
I haven't laid eyes on an episode of B5 in at least 10 years. I'm afraid it just hasn't aged well.

I disagree with this statement 100% :p

Quote:

Hoping now that Sense8 has been canned, JMS makes a real effort to bring back B5. I used to be 100% anti-reboot, but I've done a complete 180 on that.

What changed your mind about a reboot?

Jan June 10th 17 20:21

Quote:

Hoping now that Sense8 has been canned, JMS makes a real effort to bring back B5. I used to be 100% anti-reboot, but I've done a complete 180 on that.

He's got a number of pilots in the works and at least one movie. Maybe we'll get an update at SDCC next month. Last info was that he was working on building the credibility of his Studio JMS.

RW7427 June 11th 17 00:10

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinclair (Post 458263)

I have been, old friend. Thanks! I haven't laid eyes on an episode of B5 in at least 10 years. I'm afraid it just hasn't aged well. Hoping now that Sense8 has been canned, JMS makes a real effort to bring back B5. I used to be 100% anti-reboot, but I've done a complete 180 on that.

Hey Hair! :lol: Haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back. :D

Psi Cop June 11th 17 07:07

Re re-boot I'll believe it when I see it. IMHO Kevin Spacey would make a good Bester. :thumbsup: