B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.related (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Babylon 5 Encyclopedia (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=45814)

Raw Shark December 14th 16 21:59

Babylon 5 Encyclopedia

A new B5 book project, hmmm...

http://b5books.com/

Raw Shark

"There is no greater joy than the ecstasy of victory."
The Great Eye of Z'ha'dum

Jan December 15th 16 12:57

Re: Babylon 5 Encyclopedia

Really looking forward to this. While I'm sure I'll use the online edition far more, I love the idea of the two-volume set.

And when Captain Jaclyn says this has been in the works for years, it's no exaggeration!

Jan March 30th 17 17:22

In case anybody's still thinking about it, the discount period for the upcoming B5 Encyclopedia will end March 31.
http://b5books.com/

Sinclair March 30th 17 23:23

I would love to get this but unfortunately I don't have the extra funds at this time!

Jan March 31st 17 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinclair (Post 457743)
I would love to get this but unfortunately I don't have the extra funds at this time!

You might want to write to them at help@b5books.com and see if they can help. They're really customer-friendly.

Looney August 24th 17 20:37

HEADS UP!!!!!

Babylon 5 Encyclopedia

If you missed this and you want all of this awesome stuff the pre-orders close August 31st!!!!! :thumbsup:

Looney August 29th 17 06:00

<bump> So people don't miss this as the deadline approaches. :thumbsup:

andrezanon August 30th 17 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looney (Post 459214)
HEADS UP!!!!!

Babylon 5 Encyclopedia

If you missed this and you want all of this awesome stuff the pre-orders close August 31st!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hey Looney!

Thanks for sharing. I'll get my copy of this Encyclopedia! :)

:rommie:

Looney August 30th 17 14:34

You are welcome! And welcome to the Forums. ;)

Looney August 31st 17 21:08

LAST DAY!!!!!

I hope everybody got there pre-orders in. ;)

Looney September 29th 17 18:35

Online Edition Launches TOMORROW!!!!!

Jan September 29th 17 22:40

Where's the 'Like' button?? I can't find the 'Like' button?!?!

:beer: This'll do.:beer:

Looney October 2nd 17 17:32

OMG people! This may ruin my life. Someone needs to tell me to stop looking at everything in the online edition. I have to have a life outside of this, but it is so awesome. :thumbsup:

Looney October 21st 17 21:16

So no other thoughts on how great the encyclopedia is? :wtf:

Jan October 22nd 17 10:32

I could - but I'm kinda prejudiced, you know. ;) It's easy to lose time exploring the online edition, that's for sure.

It's worth mentioning that there's an entire 'chapter' online for folks to enjoy. http://b5books.com/ about halfway down the page.

Jan January 2nd 18 18:14

For those interested in getting the B5 Encyclopedia, a message from Captain Jaclyn regarding shipping and prices:
-------------
Big announcement coming from B5 Books. The entire team worked through holidays and are now 10 days ahead of the shipping schedule. Email going out tomorrow Wednesday, Jan 3) with all the details.

Alert from Captain Jaclyn to the PROcrastinators: Since the pre-order period will be officially over tomorrow, the prices go up tomorrow too. Do it now. B5books.com
-------------

Karajorma January 7th 18 03:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looney (Post 459629)
So no other thoughts on how great the encyclopedia is? :wtf:

Only just got a copy myself. I'm still reading. What I've seen so far is pretty awesome though.

Looney January 12th 18 02:26

Still waiting on mine to ship. Can't wait! :drool:

Karajorma January 16th 18 02:59

I've been rewatching B5 recently and I actually found it quite nice to have the online version in a side window so I could look up stuff as I watched.

Where the encyclopedia will really shine (I hope) is if I ever get around to making missions for The Babylon Project. One of the problems I have with mission design is trying to stay consistent with the B5 universe. I get the nub of an idea for a mission but then I find I have to check something against an episode of the show and then I'm there watching the rest of the episode cause B5 is just too good to watch a clip!

Looney January 16th 18 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karajorma (Post 460104)
I've been rewatching B5 recently and I actually found it quite nice to have the online version in a side window so I could look up stuff as I watched.

Do you mean you open a window with the Go90 App to watch it and then you open another window with the Encyclopedia? (If so that is excellent!)

My books are out for delivery as we speak! Unfortunately my Post Office has been having all kinds of delivery issues lately so I may not see them until later tonight. Saturday they delivered our mail a 8:15pm. I believe it was four degrees Fahrenheit outside, so I'm sure that carrier was REALLY thrilled to be out delivering mail by flashlight. :eek:

UPDATE!!!!! They arrived approximately fifteen minutes after this post. Delivered in daylight at a balmy eight degrees Fahrenheit. :guffaw:

Karajorma January 23rd 18 04:11

I have a multi-monitor setup for my PC so I just watched the episode on one screen and used the online encyclopedia on the other.

Looney January 23rd 18 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karajorma (Post 460128)
I have a multi-monitor setup for my PC so I just watched the episode on one screen and used the online encyclopedia on the other.

Ooo fancy. :lol: ;)

I have to settle for the two windows open on one screen. Of course it is a 17" screen that would have blown people's minds in the 1950s. :guffaw:

hypatia February 1st 18 02:04

That's starting to sound like homework.

Looney February 1st 18 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 460178)
That's starting to sound like homework.

How so, homework isn't fun?! :thumbsup:

hypatia February 5th 18 02:24

There's a man who loves his work. :thumbsup:

Raw Shark February 21st 18 21:40

How many of you have received your copy of the B5 Encyclopedia? I got an email about it shipping in January, but I'm thinking that didn't happen.

Raw Shark

"I'm a hero hunter. I hunt heroes. Haven't found any yet."
- Marshal Law

Looney February 21st 18 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raw Shark (Post 460330)
How many of you have received your copy of the B5 Encyclopedia? I got an email about it shipping in January, but I'm thinking that didn't happen.

Raw Shark

I got mine. Did you pay the shipping fee? I think that has thrown some people off. They couldn't charge shipping when people pre-ordered because they didn't have a product to base the shipping amount on. So you had to pay your shipping before it shipped. If that isn't the problem then don't hesitate to contact them because they are great to deal with.

Here is the email address: help@b5books.com

Jan February 21st 18 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raw Shark (Post 460330)

Looney's correct. They also had an issue with the shipper and if you're international, you have to give them info you want for the Customs Declaration.

Email help@b5books.com and Captain Jaclyn or one of the Lieutenants will help straighten things out.

Jan
(part time Lt.)

Raw Shark February 22nd 18 18:33

Thanks guys! I found the email address and they got back to me pretty quickly. It was indeed the shipping fee, I'm definitely one of the people who was thrown off by that. Should be on its way soon, looking forward to seeing this beast.

Raw Shark

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
- Albert Einstein