B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   Non-B5 books, TV & films (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Game of Thrones, HBO series (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=12122)

hypatia June 1st 11 04:01

Re: Game of Thrones, HBO series

I admit, it is hard to follow all but the main flow of the story. I have no idea what you folks are talking about. But I also missed two episodes, or one and a part.

I have to try and rewatch it from the start, I guess, if I'm to give it a real chance. I wonder if HBO will show it again from the start soon.

AnlaShokGrey June 1st 11 13:07

hypatia, if you have HBO, you probably also have HBO OnDemand, in which case you can see the previous episodes whenever you want to. Check out your remote and see if you have an OnDemand button, or look on your Guide or Menu sections!

hypatia June 2nd 11 03:43

I have heard of the "On Demand" feature. I'll check to see if we have that in my little, backwater of a town. Thanks! :)

I see already I'll have to call the cable company. The "On demand" button only changed my channel to my all-time favorite channel....

the golf channel? :wtf:

AnlaShokGrey June 2nd 11 18:01

Weird. I thought the rule with most cable systems is that if you have a premium channel, you have access to that premium channel's OnDemand offerings... You should call your cable company, definitely: it could just be an error of programming and they only need to flip a switch at the central office...

Sindatur June 2nd 11 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 370923)
I have heard of the "On Demand" feature. I'll check to see if we have that in my little, backwater of a town. Thanks! :)

I see already I'll have to call the cable company. The "On demand" button only changed my channel to my all-time favorite channel....

the golf channel? :wtf:

My On Demand is activated either by the "ON DEMAND" button, or by changing channel to Channel 1. Might want to try changing channel to CH 1

hypatia June 3rd 11 02:39

Channel 1 didn't work, I may call the cable company. But so many features are new and/or attached to digital, it may be such services are available where I live. I also cannot order "Pay Per View" without calling the company, and that's a major hassle on the weekends.

Three times I've been told that the local cable company could help me with that problem, and it's simply not true. The technology investment was never made in an area this small.

Sindatur June 3rd 11 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 370945)
Channel 1 didn't work, I may call the cable company. But so many features are new and/or attached to digital, it may be such services are available where I live. I also cannot order "Pay Per View" without calling the company, and that's a major hassle on the weekends.

Three times I've been told that the local cable company could help me with that problem, and it's simply not true. The technology investment was never made in an area this small.

Yea, you'll definitely want to call them. Sounds like, either they may not be set up in your area, or perhaps it's in a transitional state of being prepared?

hypatia June 4th 11 00:20

Hee hee, that's what they say. We've been in a "transitional phase" (to HD) for at least three years, now. Last time I was at the office I asked them if that was really ever going to happen. They admitted they didn't know.

Truthfully, if I could get high-quality internet without too many long service interruptions, I'd think about trying satellite. I suspect the satellite signals would easily reach my street. I just hear their internet never quite measures up to cable's.

darth_librarian June 21st 11 19:54

The ending was rather great, just as in the book! Fantastic stuff with another season to come. Looking forward to the fifth book next month.

darth_librarian June 30th 11 13:37

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/2011/...me-of-thrones/

Stannis may well be played by Chris Eccleston. That would be great.