B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Favourite minor character? (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=11856)

Trollheart March 16th 10 23:59

Favourite minor character?

We all have a favourite. Who (or what) is yours? Add more if I have left someone out, which I'm sure I have.

KoshN March 17th 10 01:41

Re: Favourite minor character?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollheart (Post 358180)
We all have a favourite. Who (or what) is yours? Add more if I have left someone out, which I'm sure I have.

Only you (and perhaps the forum moderator) can add more. It's your poll, and you probably have to add before anybody votes.

I'd suggest adding Dr. Hobbes and Number One (Tessa Halloran, her character's real name.) Hope I spelled it correctly.

I guess Na'Toth and Marcus aren't minor enough.

KoshFan March 17th 10 04:14

Of the above listed, Ta'Lon's my favorite.

Of one-epsidoe characters, I'd probably go with Sebastian.

Jade Jaguar March 17th 10 07:54

Though it make me a traitor to my icon, my favorite is Zathras!

A_Ranger March 17th 10 19:05

That was easy. Zathras wins hands down!

Sindatur March 17th 10 19:24

Tough choice: Ta'Lon, Neroon, Zathras,GKE (Er...I Mean Cartagia)...

Neroon, he's not seen in many episodes, but, his character goes through great growth

KoshN March 18th 10 02:44

Zathras.

maneth March 18th 10 11:27

Cartagia. He's so totally, adorably nuts!

whitestar90 March 21st 10 12:06

Morden, i so wanted to wipe that cheesy grin off his face so many times :D

Trollheart March 21st 10 15:49

Guys, no-one's clicking on the poll, just posting answers.
Can you please select your choice from the poll (top of the post when you click it)?
Thx
TH

crofootski March 21st 10 20:40

My favorite character (and actor, I must admit) in a one-shot appearance is Harriman Gray, the telepath in the episode, "Eyes". He was played by Jeffery Combs, who appeared in ST: DS9 as Weyoun, the creepy Founders' minion, and he was also in a ST:Voyager episode, I think the one where Seven of Nine has been kidnapped to perform in a gladiatorial-type entertainment. He can play creepy along with the best of them.

KoshFan March 21st 10 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollheart (Post 358413)
Can you please select your choice from the poll (top of the post when you click it)?
Thx
TH

There was the possibility raised, in the first few posts, of you adding other names to the list. I can't speak for anyone else, but I was holding off to see if that was going to happen or not.

Trollheart March 21st 10 22:39

OK, well I'd prefer if people could do it this way: if the character they want to votre for is on the list, vote. If not, post. Either way we can tally up the scores, but if I keep adding character after character the list is never going to be finished. There are so many minor characters on B5, and in the end no-one would vote.

Zathras seems to be the favouite at the moment, from what I can see...

fisheggs March 22nd 10 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollheart (Post 358413)
Thx
TH

:devil::rolleyes: Kidz these days, cant add.:rolleyes::p As of this moment in time, there are 16 votes and 14 posts.:devil: Don't conflate threadviews with # of viewers.;)

Zathras will win. Zathras always wins. And Zathras always will. Zathras not happy, but what can Zathras do. Zathras needs... that wrench.:devil:

aajay March 23rd 10 16:11

Of those listed I chose Cartagia (Corwin a distant 2nd).
My favorite minor character was "Minister"...great actor, great role, great performance.

KoshFan March 23rd 10 17:46

Ooh, yeah. I love contrasting his first appearance in "The Quality of Mercy," where he's a total goof, to his final scenes... "But I am still Centauri."

dreamer March 23rd 10 18:18

Is there a minor character in B5?

Anyhow, I always liked Neroon, but like most of the listed "minor characters", they become pivotal in moving a certain plot forward, and thus becoming key characters.

Lousy_Dodgers March 24th 10 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 358262)
Zathras.

yes, but which Zathras? :p

A_Ranger March 24th 10 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lousy_Dodgers (Post 358613)
yes, but which Zathras? :p

The quiet one.

Lousy_Dodgers March 24th 10 08:07

I would have to echo the vote for Minister even though he is not on the list

If the question focused on recurring characters, I would be hard pressed to pick between Morden and Bester; I enjoyed watching villainous characters who could still have some depth and weight.

vorlonlovechild March 24th 10 12:26

Sebastian.

The vorlons are the good guys and they send this person to 'interrogate' delenn?

What does that tell us about the vorlons?

Little did we know....

GKarsEye March 24th 10 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by crofootski (Post 358418)
My favorite character (and actor, I must admit) in a one-shot appearance is Harriman Gray, the telepath in the episode, "Eyes". He was played by Jeffery Combs, who appeared in ST: DS9 as Weyoun, the creepy Founders' minion, and he was also in a ST:Voyager episode, I think the one where Seven of Nine has been kidnapped to perform in a gladiatorial-type entertainment. He can play creepy along with the best of them.

Excuse me, but you're talking up Jeffrey Combs' career and his ability to do creepy without mentioned Re-animator?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDp8Wyl76ZA

I also heart Combs.

Sindatur March 24th 10 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKarsEye (Post 358636)
Quote:

Originally Posted by crofootski (Post 358418)

Excuse me, but you're talking up Jeffrey Combs' career and his ability to do creepy without mentioned Re-animator?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDp8Wyl76ZA

I also heart Combs.

Awesome performance there. I have a T-Shirt with his image on it that says "Dr. West has a good head on his shoulders....and his desk"

Trollheart March 29th 10 17:28

Didn't Jeff Coombs also play the Ferengi Brunt in several episodes? Proof he can also do funny!

Sindatur March 29th 10 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollheart (Post 358830)
Didn't Jeff Coombs also play the Ferengi Brunt in several episodes? Proof he can also do funny!

Yup, In DS9 he played Brunt, Weyoun, and a one off character as well (The one being hunted on the station, I believe). And of course, one of the very few high points of Enterprise, he played the main Andorian.

Recoil March 29th 10 23:32

For me it was Cartagia, but Neroon was a close second. Cartagia was a perfect example of the right role and the right actor coming together. It was perfection, and so much fun (and unsettling at times) to watch.

RW7427 March 31st 10 23:37

I had to vote for Zathras, although I do like Ta'Lon and Corwin. Neroon and Cartagia are good as well.

Republibot 3.0 April 2nd 10 13:22

I did. I voted for Corwin. I thought he should have been the captain of the station in "Sleeping in Light."

KoshFan April 2nd 10 16:32

That would be sweet -- but it would also mean that his career would be pretty much dead, right? Maybe we should wish slightly better for him.

Republibot 3.0 April 2nd 10 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshFan (Post 359001)
That would be sweet -- but it would also mean that his career would be pretty much dead, right? Maybe we should wish slightly better for him.

For all we know, his career was dead by then anyway. He evaporates into the aether after "River of Souls"

dreamer April 6th 10 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 (Post 358980)
I did. I voted for Corwin. I thought he should have been the captain of the station in "Sleeping in Light."

Really? To me that'd be going from bad to worse. I didn't ever really learn to regard him as a real character. Just something that which was fun to throw in.

Trollheart April 9th 10 18:59

OK, well I've been away for a bit (important matters of state, you know!), so just back to tell you I've created two offsite polls, with much more choices AND, more importantly, MULTIPLE choices. There's one for characters, and one for evil characters.

They're at

www.trollheart.com/Bab5charpoll.html

and

www.trollheart.com/Bab5evilpoll.html

TH

Dallandra July 26th 10 01:53

Zathras! He makes me laugh every time :D

dencor July 28th 10 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallandra (Post 363937)
Zathras! He makes me laugh every time :D

Zathras rules. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but somehow smarter than just about everyone.

RW7427 July 29th 10 22:57

I love Zathras! :lol: