B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=11760)

Republibot 3.0 December 13th 09 18:03

Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
On another thread we were talking about Delenn's rings, and how that whole thread was evidently dropped before the show went to series, but we'd like to know what all that was about - particularly what the "Black Ring" was for.

When I interviewed JMS earlier this year, I did get him to answer some of my long-standing questions about the Technomages (Mr. Abut and the Ikaran Warrior were not Technomages, he told me, and the "Mr. Jones" mentioned in the series bible, but never seen in the show wasn't one either, though he declined to tell me what Mr. Jones was, exactly.)

This got me to thinking, "Hey, let's make up a list of specific stuff we'd like to ask JMS about."

So: Number One:

1) What was Delen's Black Ring for, and how would it have played out in the series?
2) When is the long-in-production Graphic Novel due to come out? What's the holdup?
3) What did you have in mind for "The Hand" from Legend of the Rangers?

Go ahead and post your own questions! It'd be interesting to see what we're interested in, *and* who knows - some of us might have the answers already.

Matthew December 13th 09 19:46

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
great thread!

i'm starting to wonder if the black ring would have been a time travel ring to allow them to go back in time and get B4? Either that, or it was the ring that would have allowed for Delenn's transformation...it has to be a big, key point in the series, and those both are it.

as for other questions i'd like answered...i'll have to ponder that for a bit! :)

Raw Shark December 13th 09 22:49

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
I would like to know more about Justin. Who was he (I know, I know, this is the wrong question), and how did he get to Z'ha'dum? I think JMS stated somewhere that he was not aboard the Icarus. Was he from IPX, EarthForce, EarthDome, or some other agency? And was he re-programmed by the Shadows? I suspect it wasn't necessary in his case. Numerous humans are shown to be quite eager to get their hands on Shadow tech at any cost. I've always wanted to know more about the Office of Planetary Security. They sound pretty... shadowy.

Raw Shark

Republibot 3.0 December 15th 09 19:24

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
I'd like to know what happened to Laurel Takishima after she left the station. JMS never really told us, as far as I know, because he felt there was a possibility he might have used elements of that story elsewhere in B5. That means she was at least as "Alive" as Lyta was when she was off the show, which implies a story he had in mind for her, probably not terribly related to his original one.

So where was she and what was she doing? Who else really warranted a Psicorps mole during the run of the show?

KoshFan December 15th 09 19:55

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Ooh. I want to know what happened to Major Kemmer under Clark's regime. I like to think she picked up on the traces of the assassination plot, too.

Jade Jaguar December 16th 09 02:54

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Ask him, "How many Vorlons can tap dance on a plate of flarn?

Then ask, "Why would they do that?"

KoshN December 16th 09 04:29

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 353941)
Ask him, "How many Vorlons can tap dance on a plate of flarn?

Then ask, "Why would they do that?"

IMPUDENT!

Jade Jaguar December 16th 09 05:15

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 353942)
IMPUDENT!

decidedly so!

JoeD80 December 16th 09 06:56

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 (Post 353886)
I'd like to know what happened to Laurel Takishima after she left the station.

...

So where was she and what was she doing?

Somewhere along the line he mentioned wanting to bring Takashima back in an episode where she would show up at the station bruised and battered and in a damaged Starfury back from her classified mission on the Rim, but I don't recall him giving many more details.

Republibot 3.0 December 17th 09 19:12

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeD80 (Post 353944)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 (Post 353886)
I'd like to know what happened to Laurel Takishima after she left the station.

...

So where was she and what was she doing?

Somewhere along the line he mentioned wanting to bring Takashima back in an episode where she would show up at the station bruised and battered and in a damaged Starfury back from her classified mission on the Rim, but I don't recall him giving many more details.

Yeah, I remember that as well. I'd like to know what that mission was, wouldn't you? Presumably an attempt to get recon on the Vorlons, of course, but still I'd like to know.

fisheggs December 17th 09 22:00

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
I'm curious how much Vorlon and Shadow influence played in the younger races. We know the Vorlon "snatched" Jack the Ripper, well before spaceflight became a "reality":devil: on Earth, and that most of the races "recognized" Kosh when he rescued Sheridan. There were hints that "Dracula" was actually Drackhula" as well.

Republibot 3.0 December 18th 09 14:16

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fisheggs (Post 354025)
I'm curious how much Vorlon and Shadow influence played in the younger races. We know the Vorlon "snatched" Jack the Ripper, well before spaceflight became a "reality":devil: on Earth, and that most of the races "recognized" Kosh when he rescued Sheridan. There were hints that "Dracula" was actually Drackhula" as well.

Well, yeah, but that was in a book and I'm not sure how seriously we should take those. <G>

I would be interested to know how and what the Drakh were doing while their masters were asleep, however. As I interpret the "JMS Memo" detailing his original plan for B5, it seems as though the Shadows would have won the war against the Vorlons, and would have been the primary antagonists in "Babylon Prime." So were the Drakh just placeholders for the Shadows once he wrote them out, or was there something specificly different that he needed to use them for?

Galahad December 18th 09 22:38

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
I'd like to know if Jinxo ever went back to Kosh or another Vorlon ambassador to enquire about the Grail.

JoeD80 December 21st 09 18:45

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 (Post 354049)
As I interpret the "JMS Memo" detailing his original plan for B5, it seems as though the Shadows would have won the war against the Vorlons

Nothing in the outline says the Shadows win the war against the Vorlons; it just says that hundreds of innocent Vorlons are killed. (A philosophical aside; how many Vorlons are really "innocent"?) After Babylon 5's destruction, the outline states the Vorlons are one of the groups on the chase after Sinclair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 (Post 354049)
So were the Drakh just placeholders for the Shadows once he wrote them out, or was there something specificly different that he needed to use them for?

I think the idea for the Drakh was there early on; "The Long Dark" as early as season two shows that the Shadows have servant races.

vorlonlovechild December 22nd 09 11:40

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Question.

In "Objects at Rest" when Sheridan arrives on Minbar and looks out over the Minbari cityscape we get a rather ominous tone via Chris Frankes score and Sheridan looking a little uneasy. This seems to remind him of (in my opinion) the last time he stood on a balcony and looked over a cityscape (z'ha'dum). Also the two plinths on the side of the balcony are similar in design to the two at the cave entrance on z'ha'dum.

Coincidence?

or lazy design?

Republibot 3.0 December 28th 09 15:59

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlonlovechild (Post 354227)
Question.

In "Objects at Rest" when Sheridan arrives on Minbar and looks out over the Minbari cityscape we get a rather ominous tone via Chris Frankes score and Sheridan looking a little uneasy. This seems to remind him of (in my opinion) the last time he stood on a balcony and looked over a cityscape (z'ha'dum). Also the two plinths on the side of the balcony are similar in design to the two at the cave entrance on z'ha'dum.

Coincidence?

or lazy design?

Well, it probably *is* the same balcony set, just redressed a bit, but that is an interesting question about the music. I assumed at the time that it was just to let us know dart times lay ahead for The Sheridans, but it certainly could have been a more specific kind of foreshadowing.

Elipsis December 29th 09 20:51

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
I'd like to know what specifically happened with Talia Winters.

Kara Baxter January 17th 10 20:32

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
i wanna know if vorlons fasten or zip first.

and if galan wore briefs or boxers.

Jade Jaguar January 18th 10 03:37

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
I wear boxer briefs. Maybe he wore those...

GKarsEye January 20th 10 22:26

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355514)
I wear boxer briefs. Maybe he wore those...

Nobody wears those anymore.

Recoil January 20th 10 22:27

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GKarsEye (Post 355718)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355514)
I wear boxer briefs. Maybe he wore those...

Nobody wears those anymore.

Aren't they called "Underarmor" these days? ;)

KoshFan January 21st 10 04:05

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GKarsEye (Post 355718)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355514)
I wear boxer briefs. Maybe he wore those...

Nobody wears those anymore.

Well, maybe in 200 years they'll make a comeback. Apparently it worked for fedoras.

KoshN January 21st 10 05:18

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshFan (Post 355725)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GKarsEye (Post 355718)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355514)
I wear boxer briefs. Maybe he wore those...

Nobody wears those anymore.

Well, maybe in 200 years they'll make a comeback. Apparently it worked for fedoras.

That was just Garibaldi going undercover, Mike Hammer style. :cool:

KoshN January 21st 10 05:26

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GKarsEye (Post 355718)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355514)
I wear boxer briefs. Maybe he wore those...

Nobody wears those anymore.

Boxers are supposed to be better for your sperm count (really), due to being loose-fitting. However, I could never stand boxers.

darth_librarian January 21st 10 09:58

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
I still wear boxers. Nice and breezy.

GKarsEye January 21st 10 17:51

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

However, I could never stand boxers.
Quote:

I still wear boxers. Nice and breezy.
Thanks guys, finally, my most urgent questions in life are answered.

KoshN January 21st 10 22:45

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darth_librarian (Post 355739)
I still wear boxers. Nice and breezy.

Never could stand the feeling of being down one pants-leg or the other. :wtf: Highly uncomfortable.

Jan January 21st 10 22:52

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Um...folks...TMI*!

Jan

*Too Much Information

KoshN January 22nd 10 09:31

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 355773)
Um...folks...TMI*!

Jan

*Too Much Information

Yeah, but I was trying to keep it Dr. Oz clinical/PG rated.

KoshN January 22nd 10 09:35

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GKarsEye (Post 355750)
Quote:

However, I could never stand boxers.
Quote:

I still wear boxers. Nice and breezy.
Thanks guys, finally, my most urgent questions in life are answered.

I thought that was Fasten/Zip or Zip/Fasten. We could move on to socks.

Jade Jaguar January 24th 10 04:07

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GKarsEye (Post 355718)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355514)
I wear boxer briefs. Maybe he wore those...

Nobody wears those anymore.

Geeze, I didn't realize that even my underwear were out of fashion. But, someone must wear them - they are easy to find in stores.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 355772)
Quote:

Originally Posted by darth_librarian (Post 355739)
I still wear boxers. Nice and breezy.

Never could stand the feeling of being down one pants-leg or the other. :wtf: Highly uncomfortable.

Agreed. That's why I go with boxer briefs.

But, AFAIK, we have no info on Vorlon gonads, so anything we say about what they wear is pure conjecture.

KoshFan January 24th 10 06:59

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355878)

But, AFAIK, we have no info on Vorlon gonads, so anything we say about what they wear is pure conjecture.

Well, we might assume from the dearth of baby Vorlons that they're either uninterested in sex... or sterile. Maybe they wore tighty whiteys for too long.

KoshN January 24th 10 09:00

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darth_librarian (Post 355739)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 355772)
Quote:

Originally Posted by darth_librarian (Post 355739)
I still wear boxers. Nice and breezy.

Never could stand the feeling of being down one pants-leg or the other. :wtf: Highly uncomfortable.

Agreed. That's why I go with boxer briefs.

What are boxer briefs? Isn't the choice briefs (tidy whiteys) or boxers?



Quote:

Originally Posted by darth_librarian (Post 355739)
But, AFAIK, we have no info on Vorlon gonads, so anything we say about what they wear is pure conjecture.

Tentacles. With boxers, the tentacles go down one pant leg or the other.

Jade Jaguar January 25th 10 01:37

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 355885)

What are boxer briefs? Isn't the choice briefs (tidy whiteys) or boxers?

Boxer briefs are made out of the same stretchy fabric as briefs. But, they are cut longer in the leg, and looser in the crotch, than briefs, like boxers. Best of both worlds!

I haven't bought white undies since I started doing my own laundry. Colored briefs can be washed with your jeans... :D

hypatia January 25th 10 02:27

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 (Post 353795)
On another thread we were talking about Delenn's rings, and how that whole thread was evidently dropped before the show went to series, but we'd like to know what all that was about - particularly what the "Black Ring" was for.

When I interviewed JMS earlier this year, I did get him to answer some of my long-standing questions about the Technomages (Mr. Abut and the Ikaran Warrior were not Technomages, he told me, and the "Mr. Jones" mentioned in the series bible, but never seen in the show wasn't one either, though he declined to tell me what Mr. Jones was, exactly.)

This got me to thinking, "Hey, let's make up a list of specific stuff we'd like to ask JMS about."

So: Number One:

1) What was Delen's Black Ring for, and how would it have played out in the series?
2) When is the long-in-production Graphic Novel due to come out? What's the holdup?
3) What did you have in mind for "The Hand" from Legend of the Rangers?

Go ahead and post your own questions! It'd be interesting to see what we're interested in, *and* who knows - some of us might have the answers already.

It is not a question about B5 or the graphical novels or any of his particular projects, but more a general question that I'd have for him, I think.

Namely: what would your dream collaboration be? With an author or producer or artist or historical figure, whatever.

You may now get back to the pressing question at hand.

Forgive the interruption.

KoshN January 25th 10 05:00

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355906)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 355885)

What are boxer briefs? Isn't the choice briefs (tidy whiteys) or boxers?

Boxer briefs are made out of the same stretchy fabric as briefs. But, they are cut longer in the leg, and looser in the crotch, than briefs, like boxers. Best of both worlds!

Ah, I never knew! I'll have to try 'em. :thumbsup: :cool:



Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355906)
I haven't bought white undies since I started doing my own laundry. Colored briefs can be washed with your jeans... :D

As a Vorlon, I prefer the "order" of white undies.

Jade Jaguar January 25th 10 05:56

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 355916)
As a Vorlon, I prefer the "order" of white undies.

One little stain, of any kind, and DISORDER! if you wear white... :eek: ;)

I haven't noticed any white on any Vorlon, but perhaps I've just missed it.

KoshN January 25th 10 21:55

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355918)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 355916)
As a Vorlon, I prefer the "order" of white undies.

One little stain, of any kind, and DISORDER! if you wear white... :eek: ;)

Vorlons do not have that problem. Also, the stains of which you speak are still there, white undies or no.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355918)
I haven't noticed any white on any Vorlon, but perhaps I've just missed it.

You see what we want you to see. ;)

Jade Jaguar January 26th 10 03:14

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 355968)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355918)
I haven't noticed any white on any Vorlon, but perhaps I've just missed it.

You see what we want you to see. ;)

I really walked into that one, didn't I? :lol:

KoshN January 26th 10 03:53

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355989)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 355968)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355918)
I haven't noticed any white on any Vorlon, but perhaps I've just missed it.

You see what we want you to see. ;)

I really walked into that one, didn't I? :lol:

:)


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2008 B5TV.COM