B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=11760)

fisheggs December 17th 09 21:00

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
I'm curious how much Vorlon and Shadow influence played in the younger races. We know the Vorlon "snatched" Jack the Ripper, well before spaceflight became a "reality":devil: on Earth, and that most of the races "recognized" Kosh when he rescued Sheridan. There were hints that "Dracula" was actually Drackhula" as well.

Republibot 3.0 December 18th 09 13:16

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fisheggs (Post 354025)
I'm curious how much Vorlon and Shadow influence played in the younger races. We know the Vorlon "snatched" Jack the Ripper, well before spaceflight became a "reality":devil: on Earth, and that most of the races "recognized" Kosh when he rescued Sheridan. There were hints that "Dracula" was actually Drackhula" as well.

Well, yeah, but that was in a book and I'm not sure how seriously we should take those. <G>

I would be interested to know how and what the Drakh were doing while their masters were asleep, however. As I interpret the "JMS Memo" detailing his original plan for B5, it seems as though the Shadows would have won the war against the Vorlons, and would have been the primary antagonists in "Babylon Prime." So were the Drakh just placeholders for the Shadows once he wrote them out, or was there something specificly different that he needed to use them for?

Galahad December 18th 09 21:38

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
I'd like to know if Jinxo ever went back to Kosh or another Vorlon ambassador to enquire about the Grail.

JoeD80 December 21st 09 17:45

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 (Post 354049)
As I interpret the "JMS Memo" detailing his original plan for B5, it seems as though the Shadows would have won the war against the Vorlons

Nothing in the outline says the Shadows win the war against the Vorlons; it just says that hundreds of innocent Vorlons are killed. (A philosophical aside; how many Vorlons are really "innocent"?) After Babylon 5's destruction, the outline states the Vorlons are one of the groups on the chase after Sinclair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 (Post 354049)
So were the Drakh just placeholders for the Shadows once he wrote them out, or was there something specificly different that he needed to use them for?

I think the idea for the Drakh was there early on; "The Long Dark" as early as season two shows that the Shadows have servant races.

vorlonlovechild December 22nd 09 10:40

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Question.

In "Objects at Rest" when Sheridan arrives on Minbar and looks out over the Minbari cityscape we get a rather ominous tone via Chris Frankes score and Sheridan looking a little uneasy. This seems to remind him of (in my opinion) the last time he stood on a balcony and looked over a cityscape (z'ha'dum). Also the two plinths on the side of the balcony are similar in design to the two at the cave entrance on z'ha'dum.

Coincidence?

or lazy design?

Republibot 3.0 December 28th 09 14:59

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlonlovechild (Post 354227)
Question.

In "Objects at Rest" when Sheridan arrives on Minbar and looks out over the Minbari cityscape we get a rather ominous tone via Chris Frankes score and Sheridan looking a little uneasy. This seems to remind him of (in my opinion) the last time he stood on a balcony and looked over a cityscape (z'ha'dum). Also the two plinths on the side of the balcony are similar in design to the two at the cave entrance on z'ha'dum.

Coincidence?

or lazy design?

Well, it probably *is* the same balcony set, just redressed a bit, but that is an interesting question about the music. I assumed at the time that it was just to let us know dart times lay ahead for The Sheridans, but it certainly could have been a more specific kind of foreshadowing.

Elipsis December 29th 09 19:51

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
I'd like to know what specifically happened with Talia Winters.

Kara Baxter January 17th 10 19:32

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
i wanna know if vorlons fasten or zip first.

and if galan wore briefs or boxers.

Jade Jaguar January 18th 10 02:37

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
I wear boxer briefs. Maybe he wore those...

GKarsEye January 20th 10 21:26

Re: Specific Stuff You'd Like JMS To Answer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade Jaguar (Post 355514)
I wear boxer briefs. Maybe he wore those...

Nobody wears those anymore.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2008 B5TV.COM