B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   So what ever happened to the following characters: (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=10872)

Elipsis July 23rd 08 16:53

So what ever happened to the following characters:

While I enjoy B5s continuity, there were a few dropped threads that bothered me a bit, particularly the first on the list as it would have been a major plot point during Season 3.

Did JMS ever mention what happened to these characters?

1. General Richard Franklin - GROPOS

2. Lianna - Survivors

3. Brother Theo (I believe there was a thread about this.)

vacantlook July 23rd 08 18:45

Re: So what ever happened to the following characters:

It would be interesting to know what Franklin's father did during the Earth civil war.

Elipsis July 23rd 08 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacantlook (Post 326234)
It would be interesting to know what Franklin's father did during the Earth civil war.

I was really hoping for something intense whereby Sheridan has to destroy Franklin's father's ship, causing great drama and tension between the two... certainly he was characterized as the kind of guy who would have been on the side of Clark's forces, though perhaps tentatively.

Instead, nil.

G'Quon July 23rd 08 19:18

Altho Mr Morden's story line was wrapped up smoothly, i really enjoyed when he showed up in Lennier's room in Day of the Dead and asked him if he had any coffee, twice. I wonder if he ever got a cup. That would make for an eternity alright.

N'Grath could hav been important thru the series, especially after the station's secession.

And we never hear from the Abbai after they withdraw from the Council (or League itself) in Deathwalker.

vacantlook July 23rd 08 19:47

I like the look of the Abbai prosthetic and makeup; I wish they had stuck around longer.

RW7427 July 23rd 08 19:53

Maybe General Franklin had retired by the time of the Civil War. Or he could possibly have been promoted to a desk job. :lol:

Galahad July 23rd 08 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elipsis (Post 326236)
I was really hoping for something intense whereby Sheridan has to destroy Franklin's father's ship, causing great drama and tension between the two... certainly he was characterized as the kind of guy who would have been on the side of Clark's forces, though perhaps tentatively.

Instead, nil.

The trouble with that is that Franklin came across more as a ground force general than a fleet commander. I get the impression he came up through the ranks of the GROPOS.

He would have been an ideal choice for planning the GROPOS strategic invasion of B5 though... because he was familiar with the facility.

I'm surprised they only sent one breaching pod... unless of course there were more but they were intercepted by B5's defences.

The other ideal time to encounter him would have been during the liberation of Proxima III... which was under siege/blockade and was probably a few days away from invasion/surrender

maneth July 24th 08 15:41

Yes, I think Franklin Sr came up through the GROPOS ranks as well. But there again B5's flaw of mixing up army, navy and air force ranks at a whim really gets confusing. It would have made more sense if Ivanova had been promoted to Admiral rather than General by Sleeping in Light.

G'Quon July 24th 08 16:22

Maneth, as you point out the flexibility of EarthForce ranks, it reminds me of the flexibility in ship classes.

Hyperion Cruiser was not so big. But Narn Heavy Cruiser, then Minbari War Cruiser and u are getting much bigger.

During the Shadow War, Sheridan demanded that each League world send along a "destroyer class" ship. The various League destroyers that arrive are all much smaller than the Omega Destroyer. Smaller than even Hyperions.

Nova Dreadnought was like a spachula in comparison to the Vorlon Dreadnought.

How does one spell Spachula anyway? I mean the utensil used for flipping things in a pan.

fisheggs July 24th 08 16:52

Spatula.:)