B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Best Guest Characters in B5! (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=10870)

aajay July 31st 08 15:49

Re: The Best Guest Characters in B5!

Also have to add Sarah Douglas as J'hadur - Deathwalker. Jane Carr as Timov in Soul Mates was also quite good.

RW7427 July 31st 08 15:53

I love Jane Carr as Timov! She does an excellent job IMO. :thumbsup:

GKarsEye July 31st 08 18:49

Timov was great, no doubt, but the other two were equally great. That episode was pretty corny and could have easily been as cringe-inducingly corny as Ivanova's sex dance or the Zarg, but those actresses turned it into one of the show's rarely successful comedic stories.

Jan July 31st 08 19:07

Trivia note for folks not getting the script books. "Soul Mates" almost didn't get made when Peter David didn't come up with an outline that JMS could approve in two tries. Peter solved the problem but the story was actually spiked (killed). Against all advice, Peter wrote the script on spec and sent it to JMS under the pretense of it being a script for the comics and JMS bought it.

Jan

Raw Shark August 11th 08 08:50

So I'm listening to the episode soundtrack for Walkabout right now, and my nomination is for Erika Gimpel as Caitlyn (the spelling changes from place to place) in Walkabout. Babylon 5 is very musical, and has so many references to music and its importance. Her acting was very good, her character was soothing. Her singing? Wow. Not generally my style of music, but wow. Hell of a singer.

GKarsEye, you have had me laughing out loud with two of your recent posts and I thank you. The world needs laughter.

Of course, if you go by the markets, the world also needs landmines. Just an observation. :p

Raw Shark

"Don't tickle, smash."
Heinz Guderian

GKarsEye August 11th 08 15:00

Quote:

So I'm listening to the episode soundtrack for Walkabout right now, and my nomination is for Erika Gimpel as Caitlyn (the spelling changes from place to place) in Walkabout. Babylon 5 is very musical, and has so many references to music and its importance. Her acting was very good, her character was soothing. Her singing? Wow. Not generally my style of music, but wow. Hell of a singer.
Be prepared to hold a minority opinion on that one. I remember her coming up in discussion before and people are not fans, and opinion I share.
Although, given my personal romantic and musical inclinations, one would think the idea of a sexy, wise but vulnerable R&B singer lifting the spirits of a tortured soul would play right into my fantasies and I would love the story. But the whole thing just felt clumsy and poorly executed to me, and a bit too corny.

Sinclair August 11th 08 22:46

Depending on the criteria for guest appearances, I would have to say that my favorites were either Neroon or Ta'Lon. If you're going for one shot appearances I'd have to go with Timov, General Franklin, or Elric.

fisheggs August 12th 08 09:39

With a strong love for Timov, and Murielle, :devil::) No Love for Adira? One of the most influential small characters in the B5 universe.:p:cool:

GKarsEye August 12th 08 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by fisheggs (Post 327103)
With a strong love for Timov, and Murielle, :devil::) No Love for Adira? One of the most influential small characters in the B5 universe.:p:cool:

My penis votes for Adira.

Recoil August 12th 08 14:48

It salutes her even.