B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Best Guest Characters in B5! (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=10870)

G'Quon July 23rd 08 18:46

Re: The Best Guest Characters in B5!

Lord Kiro In "Signs & Portents" (S1). They made him one of the most fabulous coats i've ever seen. Black with much silver embroidery. Even his hair was a little different for Centauri in that the fan was straight up, not angled back. Sure the character was a little feeble, but oh well.

aajay July 29th 08 12:35

Damien London as "Minister". Perfect actor for a perfect role.

Recoil July 29th 08 13:16

I know I also speak for GKE on this (I think) but Emperor Cartagia. For sure.

GKarsEye July 29th 08 18:55

Does Cartagia count? He was on for half a dozen eps straight. But no doubt I'm a fan.

Screw it- Ben Zayn is my answer for best AND worst one-off character.

SinCLLLAAIRRRR!

Recoil July 30th 08 01:38

Dunno. Depends on what they meant when this thread was started. He WAS a guest Character. He was only in 5 episodes? Out of 110? But if this thread meant best guest characters who were only in ONE episode, then he doesn't count.

GKarsEye July 30th 08 03:49

Best Cartagia scene- casually washing bloody hands while politely chatting to Londo and Vir about making G'Kar scream.
That dude was like something out of a Takeshi Miike movie.

ALeafOnTheWind July 30th 08 14:21

I got a big grin out of June Lockhart in "Quality of Mercy". I still have no idea how they couldn't have her interact with Lennier in that episode though!

Galahad July 30th 08 18:19

According to Mumy, they had planned a scene where the two of them pass in a corridor and there is a "half recognition moment". Unfortunately they never had chance to film it...or maybe they did and it got snipped.

Jan July 30th 08 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad (Post 326646)
According to Mumy, they had planned a scene where the two of them pass in a corridor and there is a "half recognition moment". Unfortunately they never had chance to film it...or maybe they did and it got snipped.

In the script book, JMS said that the scene where they pass in a hallway happened but it doesn't seem to have made it to the final episode.

Jan

hypatia July 30th 08 22:48

That's too bad. I know in terms of the plot and the B5 universe, it wasn't important (and some would undoubtedly say it was forced and silly), but such touches are really nice for sci-fi fans. I still remember the airplane trip exchange on "Third Rock from the Sun" between John Lithgow and William Shatner. For fans of the original "Twilight Zone", it was an incredibly funny and precious moment. :lol: