B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.personnel (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Short but sweet Claudia Christian interview (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=10746)

KoshN May 8th 09 06:26

Re: Short but sweet Claudia Christian interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 321265)
Are you sure? She probably got paid better for doing film work (no matter how horrible the film) than she would have on B5. I'm fairly sure the new stories aren't gong to make any of the actors rich.

I thought the real problem wasn't the contract dispute, but the apparant lieing that went out publicly to save face when fans were understandably upset at her sudden departure. The impression I got was that JMS didn't see the contract dispute as the problem, but the public blame game that went on afterwards, with Claudia's side apparantly out-right lieing about events that had occured.

That would royally piss off anyone, I think. Especially if those lies cast you and your project in a very bad light.

The REAL PROBLEM was that her little stunt of wanting to do 18 episodes but get paid for all 22, would have brought Season 5 down, preventing Season 5 happening for EVERYBODY. She would have been the Jenga block that brought the whole thing crashing down, and she didn't see a problem with that, walking out of Blackpool like that, and then her agent calling back on July 28th, two weeks after the deadline had passed, asking if they were ready to negotiate now. :mad: doesn't quite cover it.

for the one June 8th 09 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 342328)
The REAL PROBLEM was that her little stunt of wanting to do 18 episodes but get paid for all 22, would have brought Season 5 down, preventing Season 5 happening for EVERYBODY. She would have been the Jenga block that brought the whole thing crashing down, and she didn't see a problem with that, walking out of Blackpool like that, and then her agent calling back on July 28th, two weeks after the deadline had passed, asking if they were ready to negotiate now. :mad: doesn't quite cover it.

How very said.

*** Off subject, I actually met her once about 10 years ago at the Meydenbuer Center in Washington State, for a Sci Fi Convention. Oddly enough she was all by herself at the time, while some actor was up on stage. I went over to talk to her. I don't know if it was just me but it seemed like she was hitting on me. :alienblush: I was engaged at the time so I chose to ignore it and just conversed with her. She was a very cool person. :thumbsup: It's to bad she had such a falling out with the shows creator JMS. :(

FaceOfGkar August 30th 09 17:17

Ouch, she won't even watch the lost tales? I guess she never really liked babylon 5, huh? Just a job.. oh well.

Republibot 3.0 October 5th 09 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 321265)
Are you sure? She probably got paid better for doing film work (no matter how horrible the film) than she would have on B5. I'm fairly sure the new stories aren't gong to make any of the actors rich.

No doubt. I remember an interview around that time saying that she was making less money on B5 than she did back on The Colbys. Remember, the per-episode budget of B5 was a bit under a million bucks, and most of that ended up on screen. I don't think there were any huge salaries there.

Alexa October 19th 09 01:29

The lead role in the Raven series went to Elizabeth Gracen. Her characters name was Amanda. :)