B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Marcus??? (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=10331)

Crusader August 30th 07 19:08

Marcus???
 
He was without a doubt one of my favourite characters. his line in that first episode of Season 3 made me laugh so much:


Lurker: I Dont Like Insults

Marcus: Thats funny with a face like yours i would have thought youd be used to it

What happened, was him being "killed" off (and i used the term killed loosely) a planned plot line or did the actor want out??? And hed better be in some future editon of TLT. He was great lol

Jan August 30th 07 19:13

Re: Marcus???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 307560)
What happened, was him being "killed" off (and i used the term killed loosely) a planned plot line or did the actor want out???

JMS needed Ivanova to get to a certain place emotionally and this was how he did it. He's said on the DVD commentaries that had he known ahead of time that Claudia was leaving, he'd never have killed off Marcus.

Jan

Elenopa August 30th 07 19:21

Re: Marcus???
 
I certainly hope will be in TLT at some point.

Before that, if you want my take on the Marcus story, there is my fanfiction at http://www.fanfiction.net/~hilaryweston :D

Shabaz August 30th 07 19:51

Re: Marcus???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 307560)
And hed better be in some future editon of TLT. He was great lol

No word about that. But JMS has mentioned that the TLT format is flexible enough to allow hopping in the timeline, and maybe do things like a Marcus or Sinclair story, which wouldn't be possible without that flexibility. So there's hope, I suppose.

Crusader August 30th 07 20:58

Re: Marcus???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabaz (Post 307565)
No word about that. But JMS has mentioned that the TLT format is flexible enough to allow hopping in the timeline, and maybe do things like a Marcus or Sinclair story, which wouldn't be possible without that flexibility. So there's hope, I suppose.


Good Sinclair id like to see again aswell, bt the sarchasm of marcus made season 3 and 4 all the more enjoyable

maneth August 31st 07 05:12

Re: Marcus???
 
Yeah, I liked Marcus. Even though Claudia Christian is one of my favorite actresses and Ivanova my favorite character on B5, I don't think it was fair to sacrifice Marcus for her sake, especially since she left the show.

vacantlook August 31st 07 05:34

Re: Marcus???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maneth (Post 307617)
Yeah, I liked Marcus. Even though Claudia Christian is one of my favorite actresses and Ivanova my favorite character on B5, I don't think it was fair to sacrifice Marcus for her sake, especially since she left the show.

Marcus's sacrifice was written and filmed before Claudia chose to leave the show; jms has said that had he known when he wrote it that Claudia would eventually choose to leave, he wouldn't have killed Marcus. Marcus's sacrifice was a set up for what would become a relationship between Ivanova and Byron in season five; Ivanova would be afraid of *not acting* on her feelings toward Byron out of regret for having not acted on her feelings toward Marcus. And in that would have been the biggest element of the drama of the whole telepath colony arc, if you ask me -- that and Ivanova having to call in Bester to deal with the rogue telepaths.

Sindatur August 31st 07 14:01

Re: Marcus???
 
Was Ivanov's telepathy supposed to grow a little bit during her relationship with Byron? I mean I realize she would never have gotten beyond a P1 or P2, but, I once heard she was supposed to grow a bit, which would increase the drama with having to call in Bester? Anyone ever heard anything about that?

Boxie August 31st 07 14:37

Re: Marcus???
 
Susan and Byron??? :D Eeeewwwww!

Sorry, not a huge Byron fan... :D but Susan rocks! As for Marcus, I LOVED him! What a great character!

maneth August 31st 07 15:08

Re: Marcus???
 
Yeah, I'm not a great Byron fan either so I quite like how that panned out. Still, it would've been interesting to see Ivanova continue on the show.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2008 B5TV.COM