B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   Non-B5 books, TV & films (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=11516)

Galahad April 1st 09 18:50

Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead

First trailer is up.

Is that N'Grath at 30 seconds in? :devil:

Sindatur April 1st 09 19:30

Re: Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad (Post 339384)
First trailer is up.

Is that N'Grath at 30 seconds in? :devil:

You're getting it at Easter, right? And then 1 more between Easter and Christmas, and the final special at Christmas?

Galahad April 1st 09 19:43

Sounds about right. My guess is that the 3rd special will be released over the August bank holiday.

Recoil April 1st 09 23:59

Is this a George Romero production?

Sindatur April 2nd 09 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recoil (Post 339395)
Is this a George Romero production?

Nicely done :)

Kribu April 2nd 09 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad (Post 339390)
Sounds about right. My guess is that the 3rd special will be released over the August bank holiday.

Everything I've seen says the remaining three will all b3eshown at and after Christmas. A pity for the long wait!

darth_librarian April 2nd 09 07:59

Looks good. Michelle Ryan is pretty much viewable in anything.

GaribaldisHair April 2nd 09 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kribu (Post 339410)
Everything I've seen says the remaining three will all b3eshown at and after Christmas. A pity for the long wait!

Apparently, the curent issue of Doctor Who magazine includes a quote from (I assume) RTD to the effect that the original plan was for all three to be shown over Christmas/New Year but that changed prior to filming and the second special is actually going out sometime in the "2nd half of 2009".

Of course, that could literally mean the week before Christmas, I suppose, but if that were the case I wouldn't have thought they would bother saying anything.

Kribu April 2nd 09 20:22

Hmm. Well, we'll see, I suppose! I am certainly not going to complain if it's going to be earlier than Christmas. :D

Galahad April 2nd 09 20:34

I strongly believe they'll tie them into the Bank Holidays - Easter, late Summer, Christmas... it's how they do things here... and the Beeb will be counting on the Doctor as one of their ratings big guns at those crucial times.

The trailer is out, there's coverage in the official magazine... if the marketing is ratcheted up at this level, it would seem to indicate a more imminent release.