B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.related (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Reaction videos (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=46031)

Springer March 25th 22 10:23

Reaction videos

For the past few months I've been watching Medusa Cascade's B5 reaction videos. I don't usually watch reaction vids, but Medusa Cascade's are really good you can see her become increasingly emotionally involved in the show as she gets deeper into it, and to see the joy of someone discovering the show for the first time, and being so honest in her reactions, is something special. She's in the middle of season 3 at the moment on YouTube (I believe she has a Patreon account and is further ahead on there), and her videos are really worth watching. Here's the video for Interludes and Examinations - her emotional response to Kosh's death even got me teary-eyed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KUw...yFa_I&index=20

KoshN March 25th 22 14:48

Re: Reaction videos

I'll give it a look. Might get me to do another rewatch. The last one was several years ago, but there are so many other TV shows that I have on DVD that I haven't even watched one time yet. The only reaction videos that I watch now are KayReacts, mainly for her Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello, movies and anything but "New Girl" content.

Jan March 26th 22 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Springer (Post 467421)
For the past few months I've been watching Medusa Cascade's B5 reaction videos. I don't usually watch reaction vids, but Medusa Cascade's are really good you can see her become increasingly emotionally involved in the show as she gets deeper into it, and to see the joy of someone discovering the show for the first time, and being so honest in her reactions, is something special. She's in the middle of season 3 at the moment on YouTube (I believe she has a Patreon account and is further ahead on there), and her videos are really worth watching. Here's the video for Interludes and Examinations - her emotional response to Kosh's death even got me teary-eyed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KUw...yFa_I&index=20

JMS is one of her patrons and recommends her highly. I've enjoyed the bits I've seen so far a lot.

KoshN March 26th 22 14:21

I'm trying to place her UK accent. Any guesses as to what region?

Springer March 26th 22 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 467431)

It's a north-east accent. I might be wrong but her accent doesn't quite sound strong enough to be from Newcastle, but maybe Durham or Hartlepool or somewhere around there.

KoshN March 27th 22 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Springer (Post 467437)
Quote:

It's a north-east accent. I might be wrong but her accent doesn't quite sound strong enough to be from Newcastle, but maybe Durham or Hartlepool or somewhere around there.

Thank you.

KoshN March 27th 22 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 467443)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Springer (Post 467437)
Quote:

Thank you.

ps. My grandfather and grandmother on my mother's side of the family were from Manchester and Birmingham, respectively. I never knew my grandfather because he passed away ~5 years before I was born. I don't remember my grandmother having any accent and she passed away in 1969. I remember that she used to make THE BEST desserts.

KoshFan March 31st 22 03:51

I watched a few, skipping around to see her reactions to my favorite jaw-dropping moments. It's really fun to watch her reactions. (Also when she predicts what the characters are going to say next.) Never really saw the point of reaction videos until now.

Ah, I needed this... I needed the story, as I always do, but to see it through fresh eyes again just warms my heart.

Karajorma April 7th 22 00:57

I've been one of her Patreons for months. Watching with her is the closest I've got to watching the show for the first time.

It's also cute how big a fan she is of Jeff's. Which means that you have to wait two whole seasons for War Without End.

Looney April 9th 22 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 467422)
I'll give it a look. Might get me to do another rewatch. The last one was several years ago, but there are so many other TV shows that I have on DVD that I haven't even watched one time yet. The only reaction videos that I watch now are KayReacts, mainly for her Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello, movies and anything but "New Girl" content.

OMG YOU HAD ME AT THREE STOOGES and ABBOTT AND COSTELLO! :thumbsup:

I have HBOMAX now, so of course the re-watch has begun. I will have to check out the Babylon 5 reaction videos. Hope they are as good as the KATIE WATCHES BABYLON 5 reaction videos from several years ago. I kept following Katie, but she switch to only doing books and it has never been the same. I can't even recall the last time she mentioned B5.