B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.related (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NEW Babylon 5 Series (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=46009)

Moonface September 29th 21 08:36

Re: NEW Babylon 5 Series

I'm really excited about this!

I think we can't loose here at all!

If the new show is good: we win!

If it bad: who cares? WB lost money, and we won't see any other B5 content being made for TV. Well, we got that for the last 25 years and it didn't lessen our love for B5, so what?

If it is in between (say: catering too much to a specific, probably young, audience, who love it, but "we" hate it): So what? we still have the old show, the new show shall have it's fanbase and the influx in interest might finally get us that bluray edition of the original show.

I only see a win-nothing new-win here.

If we're really lucky it's a reboot like snowpiercer. I liked snowpiercer (the movie) and I loved the new show, so I say: let's keep it coming!

darth_librarian September 29th 21 09:19

Interesting thread here, I think Springer is on the money, reboots are a creatively bankrupt concept and need something special to work.

It's so good to see all the old names!!!

vorlonlovechild September 29th 21 13:46

must admit haven't been on here for a very very long time.

as far as the reboot is concerned, I'm not sure it will work unless JMS sticks to the major story beats.

Kyehlar September 29th 21 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubik (Post 465301)
Totally off topic, but UK represent :bolian:... I just realised there are a LOT of fans from the UK here.

P.S. I have no idea what that emoji is but it looks like a thumbs up?

It's a Bolian from Star Trek giving the thumbs up. Think of Mr. Mot, the barber on the TNG Enterprise.

Moonface September 29th 21 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by darth_librarian (Post 465304)

I'm afraid that won't happen. JMS stated, that he will refrain from using characters who's actors are no more. And given how the B5 curse did manifest itself in the end, there're not many left...

Jan September 29th 21 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonface (Post 465315)
Quote:

I'm afraid that won't happen. JMS stated, that he will refrain from using characters who's actors are no more. And given how the B5 curse did manifest itself in the end, there're not many left...

He's only made the definite statement about not using G'Kar. And given how very many have passed, I'm perfectly happy if he changes his mind.

As for the 'B5 curse', that's for the weak-brained. No such thing.

Kyehlar September 29th 21 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonface (Post 465315)
Quote:

I think they were referring to how many people have come out of the woodwork to share in the B5 merriment.

Sinclair October 1st 21 01:49

Strangely enough I heard this news at a bar on Monday from a guy sitting next to me that I hadn't even spoken a word to. Naturally I came here to read everyone's thoughts. It's been great to see many old names and faces reappear.

I'm excited about this. I know it will never be the original, but hopefully this will revive the franchise in a new way. It'll also renew interest to a newer audience and may cause them to go watch everything we've all come to know and love for so long. I am concerned about it being on CW as I can't think of anything I've ever watched on it.

vacantlook October 1st 21 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinclair (Post 465335)
I am concerned about it being on CW as I can't think of anything I've ever watched on it.

I really liked the first two seasons of Arrow, the first two or three seasons of The Flash, and the first two seasons of Legends of Tomorrow. Though they were all three superhero shows, they each had different tonal qualities. Because the network has had so many superhero shows, I think that suggests the network is very sci-fi friendly.

Psi Cop October 1st 21 09:23

If it has a Psi Cop as cool as Bester I will be happy