B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   Non-B5 books, TV & films (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Orville New Horizons (Season 3) 2022.03.10 (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=46025)

Looney December 24th 21 23:23

The Orville New Horizons (Season 3) 2022.03.10

Decided to setup a new thread for the upcoming premier of THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS aka The ORVILLE SEASON THREE on Hulu, March 10, 2022.

Most Important Info:
Hulu
March 10, 2022
Episodes should run around 70mins and be more like movies.

Most Interesting news To Babylon 5 fans......
Bruce Boxleitner will appear in THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS

EVEN MORE INTERESTING THAN THAT......
He will be in full alien makeup!!!!!! :eek::wtf::eek::lol:

hypatia December 25th 21 03:42

Re: The Orville New Horizons (Season 3) 2022.03.10

That should be very entertaining. Thanks for the news. It'll definitely be a must-see.

Sinclair December 25th 21 04:42

I've been wondering if it was coming back. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Any idea if Norm MacDonald was involved at all before his passing?

Kraig December 26th 21 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinclair (Post 466507)
I've been wondering if it was coming back. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Any idea if Norm MacDonald was involved at all before his passing?

Norm MacDonald completed production on Season 3 of The Orville before his death from cancer.

Looney December 30th 21 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraig (Post 466522)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinclair (Post 466507)

Norm MacDonald completed production on Season 3 of The Orville before his death from cancer.

Sooo sad, but I am so glad he completed his work on the show before his passing.

Kyehlar January 4th 22 06:17

Been looking forward to this. Guess now I finally need to finish season two...

Looney January 4th 22 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyehlar (Post 466616)
Been looking forward to this. Guess now I finally need to finish season two...

I am in the middle of a re-watch. Need to finish Season One and get Season Two started.

Ubik January 10th 22 18:02

I definitely warmed to this show a lot over its run. Started out thinking 'why does this exist?' because it was so close to TNG.

But I must admit, it's very comforting viewing and very enjoyable. It's a TNG continuation by stealth.

Looney January 11th 22 01:32

I started Season Two. I forgot how much I did not love the episode Ja'Loja. It rolls of the tongue so easily and was a great concept, but the episode's focus on interpersonal relationships left me worried about Season Two on the first go-around. Glad I know better this time around and just got this one out of the way. It has some great moments in it, mostly revolving around Dan and Alara. And it has great guest stars. It isn't a terrible episode, but it is not one I need to watch repeatedly. ;)

LateArrival January 12th 22 22:03

Read waaaay back when season two ended that the third season might be the last as Seth wasn't interested in a fourth season. Has this changed with the show switching networks?

hypatia January 14th 22 04:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateArrival (Post 466701)
Read waaaay back when season two ended that the third season might be the last as Seth wasn't interested in a fourth season. Has this changed with the show switching networks?

I hope it's not their last season. I just started watching the show. It really found its stride in season 2.

Looney May 30th 22 21:16

It is almost here.....

THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS premiers Thursday June 2ND on Hulu. All big budget episodes that are around 70mins long. I can't wait.

This channel is a great place to hear news and updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsXWL9gEDGs

Oh I am so looking forward to this! ;)

hypatia May 30th 22 22:16

I was slow to warm up to Orville, but I got Hulu a year or so ago to watch The Handmaidís Tale and couldnít help but notice Orville. Somewhere around season 2 I found myself wanting to watch more and went through the rest of the series. Then the kept delaying and delaying the release of the current season and I got a bit worried. My viewership can be the Cosmic Kiss of Death for television shows (ďI started watching that in the season before it got cancelledÖĒ). But I see they didnít change the date again, itís this Thursday. The previews do make it look impressive. I hope they havenít spoiled too much.

Looney June 3rd 22 14:22

The Orville New Horizons Episode One (OR Season Three Episode One) ELECTRIC SHEEP

OH WOW! THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS premiered on HULU and I was shocked. I did not expect that episode. I have watched it twice. ��

It is going to be interesting to see how things changes with Pre and Post pandemic filming. When the pandemic hit they already had the budget from HULU and had filmed about five episodes worth of footage. They said it wasn't the complete first five episodes, but it was a significant amount of footage from various episodes. So the question becomes, how obvious will the post-pandemic stoppage footage be? Will we see actors acting while standing at a distance from each other? Will there be a lot of talk through devices as opposed to in person? I was thinking about it in several scenes, but I think it has to be safe to assume that all the footage in episode one was pre-pandemic.

It will be very interesting to see how they handle Dr. Finn's kids. Obviously those two boy would have grown up quite a bit with amount of time that passed while they were on hold for the pandemic.

I

LateArrival June 7th 22 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looney (Post 467997)
It will be very interesting to see how they handle Dr. Finn's kids. Obviously those two boy would have grown up quite a bit with amount of time that passed while they were on hold for the pandemic.I

In classic Trek they'd hit them with either a Temporal Anomaly or some disease/accident that accelerates aging. Except when the Magic Cure was found near the end of the show, they could only be restored to their original ages plus a few years. Or in Stargate terms - Close Enough.

Looney June 8th 22 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateArrival (Post 468032)
In classic Trek they'd hit them with either a Temporal Anomaly or some disease/accident that accelerates aging. Except when the Magic Cure was found near the end of the show, they could only be restored to their original ages plus a few years. Or in Stargate terms - Close Enough.

Ha! Yes we'll see.

TALKIING THE ORVILLE on YouTube tried to confirm speculation that calling it THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS establishes we are now in a different Universe or alternate timeline. If you have seen Season Two you might recognize where there is a path for this to happen.

So we'll see if there might be a big leap forward in time or if they will get a temporal infection. :guffaw:

Karajorma June 10th 22 01:13

Seen the first two episodes now. I'd say that this show puts modern Trek to shame if it wasn't for the fact that I'm enjoying Strange New Worlds.

Ubik June 12th 22 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karajorma (Post 468046)
Seen the first two episodes now. I'd say that this show puts modern Trek to shame if it wasn't for the fact that I'm enjoying Strange New Worlds.

Off topic, but Strange New Worlds has been SO GOOD. After the disaster of DISCO and Picard, it feels like we are back to what Trek should be. Episode 6 was just classic and had me giddy with joy.

Wish they'd axe Picard and DISCO and just focus on Strange New Worlds.

Looney June 12th 22 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubik (Post 468064)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karajorma (Post 468046)

Off topic, but Strange New Worlds has been SO GOOD. After the disaster of DISCO and Picard, it feels like we are back to what Trek should be. Episode 6 was just classic and had me giddy with joy.

But you are not watching THE ORVILLE? Hmmmmm.... Are you sure you don't want to watch THE ORVILLE?! :p :lol:

LateArrival June 13th 22 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubik (Post 468064)

Saw Wil Wheaton at a convention last week, and he also compared Strange New Worlds to classic Trek. Not sure if there's a side-opinion buried in there about the other current shows, but he had nothing but praise for Strange New Worlds.

Looney June 13th 22 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateArrival (Post 468074)

Saw Wil Wheaton at a convention last week, and he also compared Strange New Worlds to classic Trek. Not sure if there's a side-opinion buried in there about the other current shows, but he had nothing but praise for Strange New Worlds.

I think he would be a great guest for THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS. :guffaw:

LateArrival June 14th 22 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looney (Post 468078)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LateArrival (Post 468074)

I think he would be a great guest for THE ORVILLE NEW HORIZONS. :guffaw:

On a similar subject - and of course B5 related - was sent a Survey asking for Input on potential future convention guests. For Shows, added The Orville as they didn't list it under Hulu. Also put Babylon 5 (of course). For Authors... ...JMS is an author, Claudia Christian is an author, so are Patricia Tallman, Bruce Boxleitner, and Peter Jurasik. So had several potential authors to suggest, as why not? :)

Looney June 15th 22 07:34

[QUOTE=LateArrival;468082]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Looney (Post 468078)
On a similar subject - and of course B5 related - was sent a Survey asking for Input on potential future convention guests. For Shows, added The Orville as they didn't list it under Hulu. Also put Babylon 5 (of course). For Authors... ...JMS is an author, Claudia Christian is an author, so are Patricia Tallman, Bruce Boxleitner, and Peter Jurasik. So had several potential authors to suggest, as why not? :)

Oooooh how I long to go to a convention....

So here is a little interesting bit. The YouTube Channel I mentioned is getting all kinds of interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff from the show. This has gotten to the point where he has created TALKING THE ORVILLE as an IMDB page with these guest stars. For a small donation your name can be added to the Producers list. I assume any donation counts. They start at $10.

EgotasticFunTime aka Talking The Orville

That is a link to the channel's main page. There are donation links in the info for every video and on his YouTube Community page. I'm not going to post them, but you can find them when you click under any of his current TALKING THE ORVILLE videos or really anywhere around his channel. He is doing a cutoff that ends in the next 45hrs for getting Producer Credit for all the current Season's shows, but after that you can get one episode by episode.

Looney June 16th 22 15:17

Just wanted to give a quick update.

Episode 3 was my least favorite and it is still pretty dang good. :lol::lol::lol:

Three episodes in by FAR the weakest element is the attempt to shove Charly in.

hypatia June 16th 22 22:04

I got confused as to when Orville was starting and what time and day it comes out. But I have caught up on the first two episodes and it certainly is starting off strong. I don't think there will be any need to explain the aging of the children, either. So far it looks like a strong start. I'm very glad it's finally back.

hypatia July 25th 22 00:58

I just heard last night that all episodes of Orville, including the current season, will be on Disney Plus starting August 10. I donít think Disney has agreed to fund new episodes, but apparently Orville is moving form Hulu to Disney Plus.

Iíd love to see their future at Disney, assuming it wonít get molded into a Disney model.

Looney July 25th 22 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 468368)
Iíd love to see their future at Disney, assuming it wonít get molded into a Disney model.

So I watched the TALKING THE ORVILLE live stream on YouTube today. There was a lot of talk about Disney. JP, guy who runs the channel, pointed out that since the sale of Fox The Orville has been under Disney control, so he doesn't see why they would now start to put more influence on the show. I agree. I can't see anything the show is doing that Disney would need to mess with. It isn't even close to the most adult show on Disney Plus.

hypatia July 25th 22 06:17

Thatís certainly true. Orville should have about the same ďfamily friendlyĒ vibe that TNG had. I just hope Disney wants to order new episodes.

LateArrival July 25th 22 10:33

Perhaps they might have a Wait And See attitude? If moving the show there brings in New $ Subscribers, then perhaps they'd spring for a 4th season. Since the show has historically had... ...a bit... ....of a delay between seasons, they might be willing to give it another year or so to see if it worth further investment? But am guessing Seth would HAVE to be willing to do a 4th season to make this happen.

Looney July 25th 22 14:16

Since the beginning of New Horizons it has often been mentioned on TALKING THE ORVILLE that the show is doing very well on Disney Plus in markets outside the U.S. That is another factor. The show is only on Hulu in the U.S. Outside the U.S. it is already on Disney Plus. ;)

hypatia July 27th 22 05:22

Thatís interesting, but it is a pretty good fit for Disney. I wonder if theyíre trying to be the biggest station dedicated to fantasy and sci-if.

Looney July 27th 22 14:12

WOW! THE ORVILLE SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL read by Bruce Boxleitner. I didn't love it, but Boxleitner is fantastic. :thumbsup:

THE ORVILLE SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

This is a story MacFarlane wanted to tell, but couldn't get the episode produced for this season. And I didn't love it, but it is a pretty brilliant story.

hypatia July 28th 22 04:51

I needed to use a credit at Audible, I have a few piling up. This is a great way to spend one. Thanks for the tip!

LateArrival July 30th 22 01:48

Was bouncing around Audible-land and noticed "Sympathy" available today for something like $3.91, so my car will have to get by with 4/5 less of a gallon of fuel. Wonder if this might be a back-door way to get a season 4 if all else fails? Big Finish, meet Big Farlane.

Looney July 30th 22 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateArrival (Post 468419)
Was bouncing around Audible-land and noticed "Sympathy" available today for something like $3.91, so my car will have to get by with 4/5 less of a gallon of fuel. Wonder if this might be a back-door way to get a season 4 if all else fails? Big Finish, meet Big Farlane.

Well just know that it is very different. Great story, but a very drawn out tale for THE ORVILLE.... and that is saying something. :lol:

LateArrival July 31st 22 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looney (Post 468421)
Well just know that it is very different. Great story, but a very drawn out tale for THE ORVILLE.... and that is saying something. :lol:

Haven't listened to it yet, but from the semi-mixed reviews on Audible, am guessing it might be deemed Darker since it appears to delve into the extended backstory of a not-too-nice-person, although am guessing the title "Sympathy for the Devil" is kind of an obvious hint. Am currently in more of a Happy Audiobooks Mood, so used a credit to get A Million Ways to Die in the West. Which ironically would also appear to be an Expanded version of the movie, just as "Sympathy" is an Expanded episode-ish since it's extended length allows for additional information.

Looney August 4th 22 14:33

Yes SYMPATHY is a darker story. The amazing thing is how this season really seems like TNG 2022. All of the "standalone" episodes seem to have plots TNG could have/would have told if they were telling them today and were allowed to tell them today - I think this one most of all. Of course there are reasons for that, but it really is amazing. Really the show has seemed liked TNG with more relatable characters and a bit more flawed Universe.

Looks like I won't have time to watch the finale, FUTURE UNKNOWN, until late tomorrow or the weekend. I'm actually okay with that as I am still processing last week's episode, DOMINO. :eek:;)

hypatia August 4th 22 17:54

I usually watch the episodes a day late, they become available too late for me on Wednesdays. I also downloaded the audiobook story that Seth published. I'll have some fun catching up tonigiht and this weekend.

I really hope Disney Plus orders new episodes. This show is the best science fiction on television right now.

Looney August 6th 22 17:23

Well it was great! A bit surprising for a Season Finale, but I'm glad they leaned into a bit more light-hearted overall conclusion. I mean still some heavy stuff in there, but overall light-hearted. What a Season!!!!! I can't wait to start watch everything again as soon as it hits Disney Plus next week!

hypatia August 6th 22 22:13

I so hope that someone funds a season 4. Orville has been one of my favorite show on tv right now. Itís probably tied for first place, actually. Iíve really enjoyed it, especially this season.