B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.related (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Babylon 5 Preservation Project (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=45950)

Looney May 15th 19 21:54

The Babylon 5 Preservation Project

Okay everyone here is something we should all enjoy....

The Babylon 5 Preservation Project

If you are not familiar with Jason Davis he as been around the B5 Universe for awhile. I'm not sure if he posts here, but you can find him over on JMS NEWs. He has been a contributor to the B5Books releases, but this is NOT one of their projects. He has always been great so I thought I better mention this to everyone so they can get behind it.

Springer May 16th 19 07:47

Re: The Babylon 5 Preservation Project

I'll back that, once I actually have some money. A shame the larger pledges are all gone, but it looks like it will get funded, which would be good news.

Looney May 17th 19 14:21

So Springer, why do you think the two of us have become the only people talking here?

Is it me?

Is there a conspiracy?

Do we need to worry about what has happened to our comrades?

Should I call someone?

(To everyone not posting . . . :p)

Springer May 17th 19 21:20

So I've pledged (after remembering I don't need the money right now for Kickstarter) and I was the 250th person to pledge. Just another $3000 needed!

Looney May 18th 19 03:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Springer (Post 462074)
So I've pledged (after remembering I don't need the money right now for Kickstarter) and I was the 250th person to pledge. Just another $3000 needed!

Yeah I am glad there is plenty of time left. Hope he gains some steam and gets there quick. I don't know what number I was. I'll have to try to look that up.

Jan May 21st 19 23:08

For those following along, the project was funded yesterday and it's up to:
$45,267

...as I type. Which means Jason will be able to include the spinoffs and movies as I recall.

Sinclair May 23rd 19 14:46

I like what this guy is trying to do. Looks like he's overachieved on his funding which is great! I look forward to seeing this continue to progress.

GeoKuutio May 29th 19 18:00

Mmm. This managed to get my attention when the B5books emailed about this one. I'll think I'll have to kickstart this thing, still not sure though. As great as it sounds, I just have some reservations about this. Like, I know you will hate me for this, but do we need this? Like really? I mean I have all the JMS Scripts, Encyclopedia etc. stuff already and I can't think that this is more or less the same. OR is it?

Looney May 30th 19 14:14

All I can say is read here . . . . . Babylon 5 Preservation Project . . . . . and decide for yourself. There is a comments section so you should be able to ask Jason directly.

GeoKuutio May 30th 19 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looney (Post 462132)
All I can say is read here . . . . . Babylon 5 Preservation Project . . . . . and decide for yourself. There is a comments section so you should be able to ask Jason directly.

Perhaps I really should. This is one of the few B5 related projects that just doesn't feel... right.