• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What do you want?

What do you want?

• Revenge upon the Centauri

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To restore the glory and power of the great Centauri Republic

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • To live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Looser shoes and a reminder how to dance

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Spoo

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
To know the story of the Telepath War. Even in sock puppet form. :cool:
Sockpuppets.jpeg

"Bester sucks, Lyta."
"Bester totally sucks, Garibaldi. We should beat him up. Synchronize watches for two years."
"Yay!"

"Bester sucks even more now that he's a politician. I wish I could beat him up."
"Let me poke your brain. There, now you *can* beat him up."
"Yay!"

"Hey guys, I heard we were gonna beat up Bester, can I come?"
"Sure, Sheridan."
"Yay!"

"Hey Lennier, Psi Corps HQ sucks. You should blow it up."
"I am honored to be included."
"Guys, what's Lennier's exit strategy."
"..."
"..."
"Good luck out there, Lennier!"
"Yay!"

"The Psi Corps are all beat up! Down with the Psi Corps!"
"What did you do with all the telepaths?"
"We gave them new uniforms and asked them nicely to just be cool."
"But how will that effect long-term change? Won't the cycle just repeat unt..."
"YAAAAY!"

Some moderate poetic license has been taken with the storyline. Any relationship to Babylon 5 Season 6 is purely coincidental.

The pike is proving quite popular with the male/female demographic between the ages of 0 and 95, followed closely by Spoo.

Buy Spoo-on-a-Stick stocks before everybody else catches on.

Yea, the pike was one of the best moments in the series. About time Vir got a little something nice for his patience and hard work. :devil:

The answer to the question is, of course... world domination! :D mwahahahahaha *evil laughter*

Voted: go the pike :D

Yea, the pike was one of the best moments in the series. About time Vir got a little something nice for his patience and hard work. :devil:
I can't recall the context of the scene right now... What do you think ever happened to the head?

Is it still there?

Brought out on special occasions?

Did it start a Pikemon fad on Centauri Prime and now all the Centauri children are running around battling each other with heads on sticks?

I'm not sure, but if it was going to be a 'warning to the next ten generations', then I imagine it got kind of ripe after awhile.

...unless they sealed it in lucite. Then...his lifeless eyes can look down for 100 generations. Of course, the Centauri would forget why he was there and proclaim the spikehead a god.

...unless they sealed it in lucite. Then...his lifeless eyes can look down for 100 generations. Of course, the Centauri would forget why he was there and proclaim the spikehead a god.

That would be a pretty good B5 episode, wouldn't it?

The real question is did the head get taken down a buried with honors when his friends came, covertly, to power? ;)

There was a fanfiction story I once read that simply presumed that those critters knew how to safey evacuate a consciousness from its physical medium, and would have likely offered such insurance to a productive and esteemed employee, in case they got beheaded by barbarians, or met other misfortune... :p

...but who knows. Maybe working for them included the risk of retirement terms not being respected. :p

Reminds me of a story from the Culture universe where a likewise very productive representative of a covertly operating advanced civilisation met a very similar fate, except a spacecraft decided to snatch his head a moment after the event, and perform a bit of resuscitation until a replacement body could be grown. :p

Last edited:
I love fiction. Literally, anything can happen. :)

I suspect for health and safety reasons, it would be removed in time. Although, we all know the Centauri record for reversing long outlived rules and proclamations.

Ah yes, puzzle, I remember that Culture tale…

What do I want?

…I think I want to start the next poll. "Who are you?"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back