B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.related (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NEW Babylon 5 Series (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=46009)

Kyehlar October 4th 21 06:32

Re: NEW Babylon 5 Series

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 465400)
That could be very interesting. I wonder if they'll keep/use Bester.

The thing that I felt helped Bester work, was that Walter Koenig was so beloved as Chekov in Star Trek... and then he was a detestable little troll in B5 (YMMV). So whoever they get to play Bester in the new B5, they would have to be someone people would be all "Oh it's them! I love them in such and such..." Just before they do something to shatter their perceptions.

Ubik October 4th 21 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonface (Post 465390)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubik (Post 465384)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyehlar (Post 465382)

An excellent point. Perhaps that was in context to continuation rather than reboot. I don't know if you could tell the Babylon story without Londo and G'Kar unless you change the character's names and keep the core elements in place.

Wild speculation on my part, but I kinda expect a lot of new characters that occupy the same kind of thematic roles as the existing show. So, the trajectory of say 'Londo' is roughly the same but it's 'Kronkulon, the Centauri Ambassador' or whatever, this time around.

Just wild guessing here, but wouldn't it be awesome if this time an other race would get the centauri arc? So JMS would keep fans guessing as to what goes on in this timeline?

Oh yes, now that would be an interesting switch up! There really is a LOT of scope for tinkering and making it something distinct from the original show. JMS has made it abundantly clear it will be different. It's weird seeing fans argue about actors and using old story lines. If I see 'do the Dilgar war' one more time I may scream...

That said, I would love to see more depth to the Telepath war / telepath arc, if it does indeed feature in this new iteration.

Bester October 4th 21 14:06

One thing that has me concerned. CW shows are only available in the US. But a large part of the B5 fanbase resides in the UK and other European territories. Does this make CW a poor choice for the revival?

Jan October 4th 21 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bester (Post 465407)
One thing that has me concerned. CW shows are only available in the US. But a large part of the B5 fanbase resides in the UK and other European territories. Does this make CW a poor choice for the revival?

They're the one who asked for it. So it was the only choice. And I don't know it personally but I understand that lots of things migrate over to HBO Max from the CW.

Bester October 4th 21 18:08

Unfortunately, HBO Max is not available in the UK either. I'm just concerned that the show's chances of a long and fruitful life may be negatively affected if it is not made available in the UK market.

I appreciate that the CW approached JMS. But who's to say that he didn't or wouldn't get other offers following the recent success of B5 on Amazon/iTunes/HBO?

Ubik October 4th 21 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bester (Post 465413)
Unfortunately, HBO Max is not available in the UK either. I'm just concerned that the show's chances of a long and fruitful life may be negatively affected if it is not made available in the UK market.

I appreciate that the CW approached JMS. But who's to say that he didn't or wouldn't get other offers following the recent success of B5 on Amazon/iTunes/HBO?

Pretty sure I've seen CW shows on Netflix UK in the past. Plus, with a VPN, no issues. It's what I do these days.

In fact yes, the Sabrina reboot and Arrow are both on Netflix UK.

hypatia October 5th 21 04:13

It's kind of infuriating that in this day we still have "Regions". It's getting in the way of our access to entertainment, and people willing to pay. I wanted to watch the film "Oldboy" but it's not available in my area.

Is this what NordVPN can help with? Am I allowed to ask that question, here? :o

hypatia October 5th 21 04:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxchild (Post 465368)
Anybody else hoping the Crusade storyline gets incorporated into this?

I'd love to see that, but I think isn't the direction they are going. And will we ever get the story of the Telepath War?

Bester October 5th 21 05:57

I have a VPN and it works pretty well with Netflix. But it's very hit-and-miss with other streaming services.

Moonface October 5th 21 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 465444)
It's kind of infuriating that in this day we still have "Regions". :o

Yes, it's really infuriating! No wonder people turn to VPNs and Piracy: Here we are, willing to pay for a certain content, only to be told "I'm sorry, we only can take your money if you're in the right area of the world." The CW Homepage does not even load at all here, it just tells me, that It'S only available in the US.
On Amazon prime I wanted to buy an episode of Columbo. The local Site did not have all episodes, so i figured: doesn't matter, I just buy it from the US site. Yeah, no way: I can only by it, if my IP and my credit card are US based.

That's so stupid for both sides!