• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Site issues - apologies

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

The site was down for a while, and unfortunately it turns out our backups also failed.

As a result we lost data since November!

We don't know what caused the issue, which is also more worrying as it's harder to mitigate.

It could be that we are running on older systems due to vBulletin itself being very old. I may need to investigate options for the site in due course such as migration to a new system.

Thanks for the info.. Glad to see you back.

I was gone for a long time due to being busier than a one-armed paper hanger. My one day off always seems to go by in a flash. Can't even remember when I last watched my B5 & Crusade DVDs, :rolleyes: :embarassed: , but I've been keeping the b5tv main page open on my phone and have been checking in every day since September 2019.

Last edited:
Lost what data? I certainly hope none of MY posts. What would people do?! I'm pretty much a celebrity here now.... right?! :cool:

:guffaw::LOL::guffaw::LOL::guffaw:

A time machine would come in very handy right about now!

I could've used a time machine this morning. They called me out for work at 00:36 ET to be at a place an hour away at 00:30 ET, AND it had snowed, the roads were bad, and at least two out of the four sensors at the red lights out of town (to allow me to make a left onto the highway), WEREN'T WORKING.
:rolleyes:

Lost what data? I certainly hope none of MY posts. What would people do?! I'm pretty much a celebrity here now.... right?! :cool:

:guffaw::LOL::guffaw::LOL::guffaw:

Pandemonium would ensue, mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together! :LOL:

Being very new to the forum I had no idea there had been a crash. At my first visit I was surprised that there were so few threads in a forum that have been around for a while. I figured there had been a purge of inactive threads or something similar.

When did B5TV go online by the way?

That date sounds about right. I think I joined in April of that year. It was definitely before 9/11. This place was abounding with activity back in those days! Very few of us 'First Ones' remain.

That date sounds about right. I think I joined in April of that year. It was definitely before 9/11. This place was abounding with activity back in those days! Very few of us 'First Ones' remain.

Well, the AntonyF Join Date is March 31st, 2001, so I figured that was the start.
;) ;)

In 2001 it was originally B5LR.com. When the then SciFi channel didn't pick up Legend of the Rangers, it was later changed to B5TV.com (IIRC sometime late summer of 2002).

I spent the first six months lurking at work. I didn't join until I finally got an internet connection at home, in late 2001.

In 2001 it was originally B5LR.com. When the then SciFi channel didn't pick up Legend of the Rangers, it was later changed to B5TV.com (IIRC sometime late summer of 2002).

Good point about B5LR.com. I remembered it but forgot to include that detail.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back