• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Sic Transit Vir

Dust To Dust

• C -- Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D -- Poor

• F -- Failure

• Total voters
Good stuff! I wouldn't give it an A because I reserve that grade for the heavyhitters like Z'Ha'dum, Severed Dreams, The Long Twilight Struggle, and Sleeping in Light, but it's very good nonetheless!

This is one of the few episodes of B5 where the humour really works. Most of the time I don't get JMS' humour, but I think its really funny. And its a good Vir story. So I give this a strong B.

LOVE this one. Daughter of a war criminal's twisted lack of morality. This one really hits me as I draw parallels with people I've known.

:D I really liked it, always a romantic, :eek: I admit that sometimes I watch it just for the "near-miss" kiss. I also like the way Sheridan takes that guy out in the hallway! *sigh* What a guy...

Vir was just soooo cute in this episode! He bumbled and fumbled around, so insecure but so thrilled with the possibility that this beautiful woman was crazy about him... you could almost feel the butterflies in his stomach! And his love interest, with her sweet smile, gentile demeanor....:eek: :D and that big, bad knife!!

I thought Claudia was good too, I thought she was believably tortured by dreams of her teeth falling out and showing in C & C naked! :eek: :LOL:

Then there's Londo's bug, wasn't he great in that scene? :D He was going to get that sucker no matter what and I was just sitting there cheering him on! I hate bugs! :LOL: I use a long swatter, though; there's no way I'm getting that close! :LOL:

Anyone familiar with The Lady's Not for Burning by Christopher Fry (one of JMS's favorite plays - and mine) will recognize LIndisty as a sort of funhouse mirror reflection of Alizon Elliot - an innocent young girl who is also intended to be the bride in an arranged marriage. I think JMS had fun bouncing his twisted futuristic comedy off characters and situations from Fry's twisted medieval one, to the good of the script.

Regards,

Joe

"We have to kill it before it develops language skills"

That's one of my absolute favorites, although it looks more like a turd than a bug to me. :)

Hey, c'mon. Bugs have feelings, too. Especially that one given its accellerated rate of evolution.

Or - waitiaminnit! That's it! Mr. Hanky in Space :D Another episode of Babylon Park.

Regards,

Joe

Hey, c'mon. Bugs have feelings, too. Especially that one given its accellerated rate of evolution.

Or - waitiaminnit! That's it! Mr. Hanky in Space :D Another episode of Babylon Park.

Regards,

Joe
:LOL:
Maybe it's just Mr. Hankey. After all, it is almost Christmas (doesn't apply to this B5 episode though, but it's a good fit). :D

Hey, c'mon. Bugs have feelings, too.

:eek: They do?? Are you sure, Joe??

:( Great....now I'm going to have to start apologizing before I stomp, swat, smash... :rolleyes:... crush...beat up...blow up...fumigate...exterminate, or otherwise obliterate the creepy little things! :LOL: I hate bugs!!! :LOL:

I doubt any human being would be the perfect "fit" for Londo. ;)

(Oh, wait...Can I say that since this isn't NC17 forum?)

She could just get "six" and then she'd be all set. :devil:

**Volunteers no further information for fear of the thread being sent to NC-17**

;)

Yeah, if this were NC-17 I'd be able to mention what Londo and G'Kar did in the first draft of "The Exercise of Vital Powers". ;-)

Jan

She could just get "six" and then she'd be all set.

**Volunteers no further information for fear of the thread being sent to NC-17**

Yeah, if this were NC-17 I'd be able to mention what Londo and G'Kar did in the first draft of "The Exercise of Vital Powers". ;-)

This is right about where I got lost, I think.... :D but that's okay, that kind of thing happens to me all the time! :LOL: Carry on!

This is right about where I got lost, I think.... :D but that's okay, that kind of thing happens to me all the time! :LOL: Carry on! ;)

That draft of 'The Exercise of Vital Powers' was the practical joke JMS played on Peter and Andreas in retaliation for a joke they played on him at a convention. JMS will include it in the free Volume 15 of the script books.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back