B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.world (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EpDis: Crusade: Each Night I Dream Of Home (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=10057)

vacantlook June 10th 07 12:33

EpDis: Crusade: Each Night I Dream Of Home

Lurker's Guide page for Each Night I Dream Of Home

vacantlook June 10th 07 12:40

Re: EpDis: Crusade: Each Night I Dream Of Home

It was nice to see Dr Franklin again.

KoshN June 10th 07 23:07

'B' - Points off for missing a 59 kilometer long Drakh mothership and yet still blowing it up.

Mike G June 11th 07 02:50

I give it an A. Probably my favorite crusade episode.

RMcD June 11th 07 11:39

Neither great, nor bad, definitely not inspiring. My only real complaints are some bad dialogue and the fact that at this point the Drakh seem to have lost all of their mystery and menace, they just turn up every so often as token villains but never really pose much of a threat to the Excalibur (kind of like the raiders around this far into B5).

Galahad June 11th 07 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMcD (Post 298981)
My only real complaints are some bad dialogue and the fact that at this point the Drakh seem to have lost all of their mystery and menace, they just turn up every so often as token villains but never really pose much of a threat to the Excalibur (kind of like the raiders around this far into B5).

This is one Crusade episode I have yet to see... but I would suggest to you that perhaps that was exactly the role they were intended to play... until the main arc kicked in. Alas we shall never know.

KoshN June 11th 07 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad (Post 298986)
This is one Crusade episode I have yet to see... but I would suggest to you that perhaps that was exactly the role they were intended to play... until the main arc kicked in. Alas we shall never know.

Never say never.

KoshN June 11th 07 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMcD (Post 298981)
Neither great, nor bad, definitely not inspiring. My only real complaints are some bad dialogue and the fact that at this point the Drakh seem to have lost all of their mystery and menace, they just turn up every so often as token villains but never really pose much of a threat to the Excalibur (kind of like the raiders around this far into B5).

Did you get tired of all the dialogue dealing with who gets to shoulder the burden of sending Dr. Franklin's virus laden air to the plumber, and how Gideon may understand the plumber's reasoning someday if he's lucky?

RMcD June 12th 07 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoshN (Post 299051)
Did you get tired of all the dialogue dealing with who gets to shoulder the burden of sending Dr. Franklin's virus laden air to the plumber, and how Gideon may understand the plumber's reasoning someday if he's lucky?

No, I got tired of the forced humour.

KoshN June 12th 07 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMcD (Post 299099)
No, I got tired of the forced humour.

Oh, come on, the part about who gets to shoulder the burden of sending Dr. Franklin's virus laden air to the plumber, was beaten to death. I was saying "Enough already!" I watched the ep. yesterday and the only forced humor I can remember was the Gideon/Lochley banter:

"Never eat anything bigger than your head....." stuff. That wasn't nearly as bad as Franklin/Chambers stuff that took up what felt like half the episode once you figure in the long stares between them. :rolleyes: Too melodramatic.

Dr. Franklin: When the time comes, I'll push the button that will mix the air between the other isobay and my own. I don't want you doing it.

Dr. Chambers: I'm perfectly capable.

Dr. Franklin: No, it's not that. I just don't want you to have it on your conscience.

Dr. Franklin: Alright David, this is how we're going to do this. Everything here has been scrubbed of all partiiculate matter and sterilized. The only thing left in here should be me and the virus, which I'm releasing every time I exhale. Now, in a moment, I'll open an air vent between your isobay and mine. The series of injections we gave you earlier will enable us to scan you on a molecular level. Now, everything has been accounted for in, on and around you, so the only thing that should show up on the scanners is the virus. We'll be able to get an image of it and track it every step of the way as it enters your system. Any questions?

David: No.

Dr. Franklin: Alright, let's get started.

Dr. Chambers: Stand by.

Computer: Warning. Malfunction. Warning. Malfunction.

Dr. Chambers: We seem to have a problem.

Dr. Chambers: Your console isn't activating the air vent.

Dr. Franklin: Well then we're just going to have to....

Dr. Chambers: No, it's OK. I'll do it.

Dr. Franklin: Doctor.

Dr. Chambers: You have enough to think about. Let me carry this one for you.

Dr. Franklin: And, uh, thanks.

Dr. Chambers: <nods back>