• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Robert Jordan dies

RIP

I'm actually reading book 11 of The Wheel of Time again at the moment hoping the next book would hurry up and come out.Looks like it wont now.

I never thought he was that brilliant an author, but I know he had a huge fan base -- and I feel sorry for them, and for his family, and for him, for never finishing his magnum opus.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but his much renowned "Wheel of Time" series has had 11 books released, and he had said several times that the core of the story was to be concluded in the 12th book.......which obviously won't happen now. Harsh. Especially for all those who have read the entire series and were eagerly awaiting its conclusion.

Or is that what you were referring to Koshfan?

Yes, that's what I was referring to, Recoil. There are rumors over at his big fansite that he dictated enough of the 12th book to publish it, but still, it's a letdown for those who have been so dedicated for so long.

Personally, I stopped after book 9.

It's a long slog to be honest & i never enjoyed it as much as i could have simply because of his writing style. Far to much detail & way too many sub plots, while there's not really enough focus on the story pacing. He did it to him self anyway, if memory serves me right the series was never meant to be 12 books at the start. It was closer to half that & then kept getting "expanded" on. The original 4 or so books were actually quite good & then it started to.. well ya. So while i do believe book 12 would have been a big one i still have a lot of doubts as to it being the "last".

Any way there are rumors going around that his wife may finish the book so you never know.

Last edited:
Back