• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

24 (03/25/03) S*P*O*I*L*E*R*S

Chilli

High Treason Prevention Officer
Not bad :cool: I really like the way that all the "good guys" are working against eachother at CTU.

And, the last shred of a doubt that Jack and Kate would end up together was removed this episode.

I'll be in LA in 2 weeks. I think I'll be damned careful. From what I learned through Kim's experience, that whole city is full of freaks and psychopats :eek:

And who/what the hell is the Coral Snake Dude fighting for :confused:

My question is ... how long does it take Kim to go to the fricken bathroom?! I swear, she was in there longer than it took Jack to hitch a ride from a helicopter back to the helipad and then to CTU - from a place far enough away that it seems no one in LA actually saw the bomb!

And hey ... Tony sure called this one right; Jack doesn't play by the books. ;)

Hey, give the girl a break -- she's thinks her dad's dead and that the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Plus, everyone around her seems to get pulled into a vortex of eye-rolling, head-smacking, breath-taking stupidity which I hereby dub the "Spawn Effect".

Tony seems to be affected by it as well for some reason. He's gone full circle from dumb-ass to bad-ass to kick ass to nice ass! and back to dumb-ass. Needless to say, there lays a man who won't be gettin' any at the end of the "day" ifyouknowwhatImean.

Now I don't trust Mike -- he looked way too calculating with Palmer. And I don't trust Lynn cuz of the looks she was sharing with Mike. The only thing I do trust is that Jack won't let anything happen to his future Katey-cakes.

Yea Tony did a dime-turn there didn't he?

I hope they come up with a damn good reason as to why this sniper guy wants Kate. That part seemed fishy to me.

Kim, sigh, how can one person stumble into so much shit. Its like a Greek tragedy.

Now I don't trust Mike -- he looked way too calculating with Palmer. And I don't trust Lynn cuz of the looks she was sharing with Mike.

I've been getting kind of suspicious of Mike the past couple episodes too. I've always thought he was on the up and up but now I'm not so sure. As for Lynne, I don't really suspect her of anything, but then again maybe that's what they want us to think. I'm wondering if Rayburn might show back up with all the shit that has happened with Sherry and Stanton.

I don't think anything less of Tony- he had no reason to believe that Ali was telling the truth.

Not only is Kim absurd, but so is everyone around her. I never realised stupidity could be catching.

Just got around to watching my tape last night.

Kim is amazingly good at getting herself taken as a hostage. With all of her experiance, wouldn't you think that (if nothing else) she would have moved away from the two guys wrestling over the gun (that one of them had taken from her hand) and out into the parking lot. She doesn't have that motive to stay away from the police any more, she knows the bomb has detonated.

The commando wanting Kate, ..... I just don't get why that should be. It feels like Kate was a character that they originally figured would fade out about now, but when they got going they found that she had good chemistry on screen with Keifer / Jack ..... sooooooo they're finding a way to keep her around. I am a bit curious to see what excuse they come up with for it, though.

I think she figures that will get cleared up with the time to really look into it. Her real motive for fleeing the police was to get out (and stay out) of the blast radius of the bomb.

I think Kate was always meant to be a main character this season (whether the viewers like it or not). She's listed as such in the opener-flash-back thingy and ... well it's not as if she's plot important in the first third of the day to warrent her existence as a character who will simply fade out. For awhile she's just the charcter connected to several that are important to the story.

And if Kate and Jack get together, she can be Kim's new mum and they can share hostage stories. :LOL:

The entertainment press pretty much said that Kate and Jack were going to end up together, so her place in the show was set from day one.

I am assuming the tattooed commando dude is hooked up with the anti-Palmer people, possibly taking orders from them.

Has it been determined that her father is not in league with bad guys, or is that door still open?

Has it been determined that her father is not in league with bad guys, or is that door still open?
I think it is ASSUMED that he is clean since Marie was a bad bad person. But you may be right, it could still be the dad. Those people came for Kate pretty damn quickly when she was snooping around earlier. And I thought I remember tatoos on one of the guys that nabbed her and that PI.

The entertainment press pretty much said that Kate and Jack were going to end up together, so her place in the show was set from day one.

That doesn't necessarily follow. And spotting chemistry between actors doesn't need to wait for audiance reaction. It *might* be a decision they made after seeing the dailies from the episode where the two were actually together on screen.

Remember that in the first season of Farscape Chiana was supposed to be a guest character who got killed off an ep or two after she first arrived. TPTB on the show liked Gigi Edgly's performance and chemistry with cast so well that they changed her death to a wounding and kept her. All of that happened long before any of her episodes actually hit the air, and therefore before the audiance's reaction to her could be guaged.

Of course, I could very well be all wet. When we find out what the connection is it might all feel like nothing else was ever an option. For now, however, the demand to bring Kate along felt like a forced late addition to keep her in the middle of the story (or at least with Jack).

And spotting chemistry between actors doesn't need to wait for audiance reaction. It *might* be a decision they made after seeing the dailies from the episode where the two were actually together on screen.

The entertainment press I was talking about was before the season aired.

The entertainment press I was talking about was before the season aired

Ah, OK then. I didn't see any of those references until after some of the Jack & Kate eps had aired. But then I don't keep up with things like that very well, and tend to actively avoid anything that looks like it might be spoilerish about a show that I know I am going watch anyway.

I would've sworn that the encore was to be on at 11:00pm last night, but no, it was The Shield marathon. Oh well, I guess I'll just move on with tonight's episode.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back