• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

RIP Jerry Doyle

I don't believe it. Absolutely don't believe it. I'm gutted. Holding out hope that this is a hoax of some kind.

Far too many of the cast have gone before their time. RIP Jerry.

I was shocked, just shocked, to hear of this. So sad, that another of the First Ones has passed beyond the Rim.

I don't think this is a hoax, as his family posted about it on his Facebook page

I now think it would be an awesome prank to pre-record a bunch of videos saying reports of my death were actually a prank, and have somebody release them after my death.

Or horribly insensitive. I dunno, I can never find that line.

It's been a while since I last checked in on this board, but I had to come by to see if Doyle's death was true. It's becoming quite a list of those gone from B5.

I read JMS's comment on how we've lost too many, too early (in our B5 circle).

Jerry Doyle was one of the freshest characters in the show. He felt genuine whether things were up or down, comedic or tragic. And he seemed to make quite an impression on those who knew him.

Last edited:
So very sad... the B5 cast is just tragic. We have lost far too many.

I interviewed Jerry once, and I had technical issues and never got it off the tapes... I really need to try again.

I've been out of town but learned about this the day it came out. At first I thought it was just a spam post on Facebook, but it was not unfortunately. He was brilliant as Garibaldi and I also enjoyed his radio program on the rare occasions that I got to hear it. Hard to believe another is gone way too soon.

I found an obituary for Jerry Doyle. While visitation and services look to be for friends and family, I found this:
---------
Memorial donations, to the Wounded Warriors Foundation, 4899 Belfort Road, Suite 300, Jacksonville, FL 32256 or www.woundedwarriorproject.org.
----------
Note: This is the form to use to make the donation in memory of Jerry Doyle:
https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/default.aspx…

And condolence notes can be left here:
http://www.fergusonfuneralhomesnj.com/…/view-condolences.php

That's awesome Jan. I wish that video didn't have to happen. His words towards the end of it are definitely words to live by though. It did bring a tear to my eye. Hopefully we won't have to worry about losing another cast member for a long time.

I was shocked to hear it, was he in ill health? He was so young.

Very nice tributes, his character really was a big part of the heart and humor of the series.

Apologies if this seems like advertising but I think it's of interest. The B5 Books folks have created a cool tribute item that honors Jerry as well as his character, Garibaldi.

http://b5books.com/

The Garibaldi Holocrystal
A Memorial for Jerry Doyle
A Tribute to Michael Garibaldi

The death of Jerry Doyle on July 27, 2016 shocked and saddened Babylon 5 fandom. Five weeks later, on August 31, the Coroner's Office confirmed that Jerry Doyle died from natural causes with complications from chronic alcoholism.

To give fans the opportunity to honor Jerry Doyle and do some good, we are offering the "Garibaldi Holocrystal," with a portion of the proceeds being donated to Claudia Christian's C Three Foundation.

ABOUT CLAUDIA CHRISTIAN'S C THREE FOUNDATION
A GuideStar-awarded non-profit, the C Three Foundation was created in 2013 by Claudia to educate doctors, alcoholics and their loved-ones about The Sinclair Method, the most successful long term treatment for alcoholism.

Each check sent to C Three will include the names of people who purchased the Garibaldi Holocrystal. (No contact information will be shared. Only names.)

(oh, and there's a special treat tucked way on the bottom of the text) ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back