• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Movies and the Season

garak0410

Hello...

I only got through most of the third season of B5 before I just got to busy. Now married, I am going back and showing my wife the complete series. We are mid-way through Season 2 right now.

Question - With the B5 movies, can you watch them in a season or is it better to wait until the series is over? If we can watch them, where do we insert them?

And when should we watch Crusade?

Thanks,
Brian

Hello...

I only got through most of the third season of B5 before I just got to busy. Now married, I am going back and showing my wife the complete series. We are mid-way through Season 2 right now.

Question - With the B5 movies, can you watch them in a season or is it better to wait until the series is over? If we can watch them, where do we insert them?

And when should we watch Crusade?

Thanks,
Brian

Movies can be watched either in chronological order with the series, or as side stories after the series is done, depends upon your personal preference.

The attached link shows where to insert the movies, should you choose to watch them within the series

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/master/eplist.html

My personal recommendation is to watch them largely in the order they were made:

So In the Beginning and Thridspace between Seasons 4 and 5.

After Season 5, I switch to saying chronological order:

River of Souls
Legend of the Rangers
A Call to Arms followed by Crusade.

Thanks for the replies...I can't wait to see how all of this plays out.

I got my wife into Star Trek with Deep Space Nine first and while she liked Voyager, she wanted more of a "serial", so I got her on B5. She struggled a little with Season 1 but now, she is hooked.

Thanks for the replies...I can't wait to see how all of this plays out.

I got my wife into Star Trek with Deep Space Nine first and while she liked Voyager,

She liked Voyager? :p After she's seen all of B5, she probably won't like Voyager anymore. The only Trek I can watch now is TOS, some TNG, and Scorpion I & II (which I like for some of the CGI.) of Voyager. You couldn't pay me to watch the rest of Voyager now.

...she wanted more of a "serial", so I got her on B5. She struggled a little with Season 1 but now, she is hooked.

Congrats on "she is hooked." Man, why do I feel like a drug dealer??? :LOL:

She liked Voyager? :p After she's seen all of B5, she probably won't like Voyager anymore. The only Trek I can watch now is TOS, some TNG, and Scorpion I & II (which I like for some of the CGI.) of Voyager. You couldn't pay me to watch the rest of Voyager now.

I'm assuming Scorpion I and II have nothing to do with Trek. Right?

I'm one of the terrible, traitorous people who liked DS9 :p

:LOL: I can see the newspaper article now: "B5 fans: are they fanatics or pushers? "

Pushers, and proud of it.
;)

I'm assuming Scorpion I and II have nothing to do with Trek. Right?{/quote]

? Scorpion I & II are two episodes of Voyager, the ones that introduce 7 of 9, but that's not why I like 'em. I like the Species 8### (I can never remember that damned number.:rolleyes:) ships, and the innovative way they destroyed that Borg planet, and the cgi of them destroying the Borg cubes. I liked seeing the Borg getting their asses kicked.

I'm one of the terrible, traitorous people who liked DS9 :p

I can honestly say that I hated 90% of that show. I hated the brats. I hated the pain-in-the-ass Bajorans. The Ferengi were mainly annoying. And don't get me started on Keiko! Ugh! I found DS9 thoroughly uninteresting. After DS9 and Voyager, B5 was like a breath of fresh air. In fact, the only thing in the B5 universe that I hate as much as DS9 and Voyager is To Live and Die in Starlight (the Legend of the Rangers pilot). :p

:LOL: I can see the newspaper article now: "B5 fans: are they fanatics or pushers? "

Pushers, and proud of it.
;)

Exactly! ;)

Last edited:
The order of movies and seasons seems to keep coming up. May be it should be a sticky topic, to let new forum users (like me) know. Because I asked the same question a few months ago.

TT.

:LOL: Too many sticky-threads and people start to ignore them. :)

I was wondering if the confusion may be that you read some of JMS's comments on just what happened on that show, and why.

He might have said that there were two episodes written that were intended to be where they meet. When the "preferred" order was decide, the first one was slightly altered.

Maybe? :LOL: I don't know, just a guess.

What's really depressing is when you learn just why TNT was acting so unreasonable all the time during the making of the episodes we have of "Crusade".

I'm pretty sure JMS saw "Blake's Seven". He has always said that the's the first guy in America to write a series with a known beginning, middle, and end. And I know he's a fan of the Prisoner.

Anyhow, I have wondered if Blake's Seven didn't influence him a bit when he was trying to make "Crusade".

Yeah, she said she MAY go back and watch DS9 again but for sure B5...:)

Voyager missed too many chances to run with the premise and failed, in my opinion.

You missed out The Gathering which really should be watched first.In the beginning can be watched first without giving too much away but seeing as you are at season four you might as well wait.

Seems a good order to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back