B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.related (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Babylon 5 videos up for grabs (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=10739)

AntonyF May 12th 08 16:30

Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
1 Attachment(s)
I have a few sets of the "Babylon 5 Exclusive Limited Edition Video Box Set" up for grabs.

It contains a video of In The Beginning and a video of Thirdspace, as well as the Creating Babylon 5 book and a Babylon 5 key ring torch.

The videos are PAL (UK), and I know videos are worthless now. But the book in particular may be of interest, and it all comes in a quite smart B5 box with silver logo.

An image is attached. Not my image, and it doesn't include they key ring. My sets are also sealed.

If you'd like one, please respond. All I ask is that you pay towards the postage.

Jade Jaguar May 12th 08 23:34

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
Is this by any chance the original version of In The Beginning? If so, I would love to have one, and be happy to pay shipping. I have a multiformat VCR, and can turn a PAL tape into an NTSC DVD.

Jan May 13th 08 10:28

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
I'd like a set for my archives, Antony. I'll gladly pay postage.

JJ, In the Beginning only has one version. It's The Gathering that I think you're looking for in the original.

Jan

Chilli May 13th 08 21:51

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
If you can also read PAL/Region 2 DVDs, the best way to get to that is to order the German release of the Gathering from amazon.de. As the new version of The Gathering was not re-dubbed, the original version was released on DVD - with an English audio track.

Jade Jaguar May 14th 08 00:28

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 321037)
I'd like a set for my archives, Antony. I'll gladly pay postage.

JJ, In the Beginning only has one version. It's The Gathering that I think you're looking for in the original.

Jan

Thanks... I think I'll go with brain fart, rather than senior moment. I really did know that...

Jade Jaguar May 14th 08 00:30

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chilli (Post 321098)
If you can also read PAL/Region 2 DVDs, the best way to get to that is to order the German release of the Gathering from amazon.de. As the new version of The Gathering was not re-dubbed, the original version was released on DVD - with an English audio track.

Yes, I can play PAL region 2 DVDs. I hope there is a version of the de site in English...

Kribu May 14th 08 09:38

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
The Help section (regarding ordering and such) is also in English but most of the site itself is in German.

This should be the German version of The Gathering, anyway. And yes, it ought to be the original version (I have both this one and the US release).

The price, especially considering the rate of the dollar these days, isn't that great (and looking at the delivery charges, it seems delivery to the US is another 14) ... but I don't think the original The Gathering is available on DVD in any other version. eBay might be cheaper, but I don't know how easy it would be to track this one down.

AntonyF May 16th 08 18:17

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
I think it's the first version. It doesn't say it's special or anything.

But they are sealed and I don't have a VCR, so can't confirm.

So Jade and Jan, copies for you. I will see how much it'l cost postage wise. I'll try and find the cheapest option. :)

Jan May 16th 08 19:42

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
Thanks, Antony!

Jan

Jade Jaguar May 18th 08 02:12

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AntonyF (Post 321461)
I think it's the first version. It doesn't say it's special or anything.

But they are sealed and I don't have a VCR, so can't confirm.

So Jade and Jan, copies for you. I will see how much it'l cost postage wise. I'll try and find the cheapest option. :)

Antony, thanks much, but please let the next in line have it. I wanted it based on my "brain fart" confusing In The Beginning with The Gathering.

AntonyF February 10th 09 22:01

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
Rescussiating this thread!

Sorry, I realise I never got around to doing this. I was thinking I must do this, even if it hurts postage wise, but I see I was being a tight ass (the boys love that) and asking for postage anyway!

Jade, Jan, are you still interested in these? I can get postage costs.

Jade Jaguar February 11th 09 01:14

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
Antony, thanks again. If no one else wants it, I would take one, especially if you are so generous as to pay postage! But, if there are any other takers, please let them have them before me.

Jan February 11th 09 02:11

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
Antony,

Thanks, I'm still interested and I'll happily pay postage by any means you like (though PayPal would be easiest).

Thanks again,

Jan

Jade Jaguar February 11th 09 02:23

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 336046)
Antony,

Thanks, I'm still interested and I'll happily pay postage by any means you like (though PayPal would be easiest).

Thanks again,

Jan

One reason I didn't offer to pay postage, besides Antony's kind offer, is that I hate PayPal, and will never use it again. :eek: :D

CelticHippo May 7th 09 21:46

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
I was wondering, as I said I have bought the DVDs, but still have the videos. I have to get rid of these but how? Is there a market or should I just bin them?? Oh they are the season box sets, not individual videos if that makes a difference. any advice?

Sindatur May 7th 09 22:10

Re: Babylon 5 videos up for grabs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticHippo (Post 342275)
I was wondering, as I said I have bought the DVDs, but still have the videos. I have to get rid of these but how? Is there a market or should I just bin them?? Oh they are the season box sets, not individual videos if that makes a difference. any advice?

You could check Ebay or Amazon Marketplace to see if there's a market.

By your Username (and I believe I remember your introduction introduced you as being in Europe?), so you'd have to be sure to check for PAL video tapes, and I'm not sure in your Amazon.Com has an Amazon Marketplace.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2018 B5TV.COM