B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.reborn (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   A thread about the future of B5TV (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=46014)

RW7427 October 6th 21 05:30

Re: A thread about the future of B5TV

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kribu (Post 465450)
I was sceptical when I saw this news - still am, to be honest. But I have no doubt that JMS has things in mind that would make a reboot interesting and worth, at the very least, giving a try to.

So ... I guess I'm back here too. For those who remember me. It's been, uh, a few years, but it's nice to be back. :)

Yay!! It's nice to see you! I have thought about you from time to time and wondered how you are doing.

Kribu October 6th 21 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 465467)
*Waves at Kribu* It certainly has been a long time. I hope you have been well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RW7427 (Post 465470)
Yay!! It's nice to see you! I have thought about you from time to time and wondered how you are doing.

*waves back*

I've thought about you guys as well!
Unfortunately I lost my FB login data years ago (and no attempts at regaining it worked, not even sending in a photo of an official ID) and haven't even been able to check in there.

Not much has changed in my life, heh.

Anyway, I do hope this reboot works - and that it will bring some new life here, too. I've missed this place, and in spite of how much online life has changed in the last 20 years, I still think forums / message boards are the best platform for actual conversations and discussions.

hypatia October 7th 21 04:47

[QUOTE=Kribu;465474]
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 465467)
Anyway, I do hope this reboot works - and that it will bring some new life here, too. I've missed this place, and in spite of how much online life has changed in the last 20 years, I still think forums / message boards are the best platform for actual conversations and discussions.

I have noticed that conversations are really short and not very two-way in social media. B5TV captured something very special and I do kind of miss the earlier days.

Sinclair October 9th 21 14:49

Kribu, now that's a name I've not heard in a long time...a long time. Wait, wrong franchise.

Welcome back!

Kribu October 9th 21 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinclair (Post 465522)
Kribu, now that's a name I've not heard in a long time...a long time. Wait, wrong franchise.

Welcome back!

Thank you! It's really great to see people I remember still here. :D

hypatia October 9th 21 20:10

Quote:

Welcome back!

Aren't you supposed to say "Hello, old friend"?

RW7427 October 9th 21 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 465525)
Quote:

Welcome back!

:lol:

Sinclair October 10th 21 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypatia (Post 465525)
Quote:

Welcome back!

I don't want to call her old, especially considering how old I'm feeling these days! 😅

Recoil October 11th 21 15:03

Great post Anthony, and it's great seeing some of the old names in this thread and others. I'm definitely glad to see this forum still kicking around, and that it will be here for this new series. It will certainly be my go-to for discussions.

Similar to you, I was a bit skeptical when I saw this new series was going to be a reboot, but my skepticism lasted quite a bit less than yours I would think...probably the span of minutes or a couple hours, as I wrapped my head around it. At the end of the day, what you said rang true for me too: JMS is JMS. B5 is his baby and he will do right by it. It's going to be about us fans having the right expectations IMO. People expecting it to be "like" OG B5 may be disappointed. I'm not sure it needs to be the same, in fact, it may be better if it isn't. Being in the frame of mind to NOT compare the two series I think will be key.

This will be a new story, perhaps with some familiarity, and I think that's what I'm looking forward to most after all these years.

I do disagree about Sci-Fi being a "shadow" of it's former self. All the new Trek is pretty much rubbish, but for me, "The Expanse" has been the current Gold Standard for Sci-Fi for me the last few years and I love it. It's an amazing book series and the show has done a great job of converting it to television. I'm also hopeful about "Foundation" (although admittedly that's not an original work). I like what I've seen so far on Apple TV.

I think a new JMS story will fit in well, and there's clearly a need for good Sci-Fi. Hopefully the audience finds the show.

Jan October 11th 21 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markas (Post 465411)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 465410)
I have a friend who'd like to register but he says registration is closed?

I checked the settings and it appears that we are open for new registrations. Let me know if there are still problems.

I sent you a PM several days ago. Any word? I haven't heard from him that he's been approved. Thanks!

Jan