• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

RIP Stephen Furst :(

Bloody hell, I just heard. So very awfully sad. I have no words.

Rest in peace, Mr. Furst. You are already missed.

I can't believe it. So glad I got a chance to meet him in 2014 in Galveston. I can't believe it.

I just saw this and came straight here. This poor series has lost way too many actors way too early. It seems like it never stops. I seriously hope we don't have to do another post like this for a long ass time..

RIP Stephen

How incredibly sad :( Like Sinclair says above, this poor series has lost way too many actors way too early.

RIP Stephen

This news shocked me, he was not that old and he had such a positive attitude towards diabetes and how serious a condition it was. He was so well known and loved for his work, and he seemed like he was one of the better grounded actors.

I noticed him in Sorority Boys (2002) & I rember thinking... " he looks older then I thought he was." Vir was a younger character and it was just odd seeing the guy a couple years later looking way older. I walked by a TV with the NASCAR race on Sunday... the announcer mentioned this and I looked for more details on my phone, it became a sad day.

The guy made Vir a fan favorite... as an actor though he will live on.

Last edited:
I noticed him in Sorority Boys (2002) & I rember thinking... " he looks older then I thought he was." Vir was a younger character and it was just odd seeing the guy a couple years later looking way older. I walked by a TV with the NASCAR race on Sunday... the announcer mentioned this and I looked for more details on my phone, it became a sad day.

The guy made Vir a fan favorite... as an actor though he will live on.

I am very glad that so many media outlets mentioned the story. I know it is because he was an Animal House star, but it is still nice to see how many places the story ended up. I can imagine Stephen was starting to feel forgotten after the whole Academy incident. Too bad it took dying to make his name a national story. :(

Oof. I lost a friend to diabetes far too young -- it is definitely dangerous.

As I show B5 to my partner, every now and again Adrian fearfully asks, "Are they still alive?" ...knowing how many of the actors are not. And now I will have to add one more to the list. Oddly enough, until we watched War Without End the other day, Adrian was frightened that Vir the character wouldn't make it.

How long, I wonder, until the internet starts wondering if the show is outright cursed? I can almost see the Cracked article now.

How long, I wonder, until the internet starts wondering if the show is outright cursed? I can almost see the Cracked article now.

Believe me, far to many weak-brains have already postulated that very thing. :klingon:

Sigh...

Has JMS said anything about Furst's passing? I haven't really looked but I thought someone here might have read about his reaction or comments somewhere.

Has JMS said anything about Furst's passing? I haven't really looked but I thought someone here might have read about his reaction or comments somewhere.

An obituary in the Hollywood Reporter has social media comments about Stephen Furst's passing at the bottom of the article. A comment from JMS is the fourth one listed.

Last edited:

Tweeted on June 17:
JMichael Straczynski‏Verified account
@straczynski
Following
More
On behalf of everyone who worked on Babylon 5, Stephen Furst will be missed profoundly and everlastingly.

Still so upsetting. I don't really frequent much social media other than boards like this, but it is nice to be able to go to Facebook and see recent posts from other cast members. They aren't all about Stephen Furst, but it is still kind of reassuring to read their words out there in the wilderness and know they are still around.

The B5 books team just sent out a mini-newsletter sharing the encyclopedia entry for Vir Cotto and a con clip in tribute to Stephen Furst.

As many of you already know, Stephen Furst died two weeks ago on June 16th from complications from diabetes.

We were stunned. Because the Babylon 5 Books Team is in lockdown while finalizing the B5 Encyclopedia (which is on schedule), this is our first opportunity to pay tribute.

To that end we have released the complete Vir Cotto entry from the Encyclopedia, along with a video clip from his last con appearance ever with Peter "Londo" Jurasik.

http://b5books.com/2017/06/27/vir-cotto-encyclopedia-entry-with-bonus-video/

The B5 books team just sent out a mini-newsletter sharing the encyclopedia entry for Vir Cotto and a con clip in tribute to Stephen Furst.

As many of you already know, Stephen Furst died two weeks ago on June 16th from complications from diabetes.

We were stunned. Because the Babylon 5 Books Team is in lockdown while finalizing the B5 Encyclopedia (which is on schedule), this is our first opportunity to pay tribute.

To that end we have released the complete Vir Cotto entry from the Encyclopedia, along with a video clip from his last con appearance ever with Peter "Londo" Jurasik.

http://b5books.com/2017/06/27/vir-cotto-encyclopedia-entry-with-bonus-video/

Thanks for posting that update Jan. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Back