• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

THANK THE VAMPIRES

They're not cancelling it per se... it's coming to its natural end, and that's been planned, or known about, for around a year.

Besides, I don't see why you get gratification from a show that's whatched by millions going off the air.

Simple solution... don't watch it?! Voila!

In a day and age where there are so few good shows on TV another good one is biting the dust. I agree with Anthony if you don't like it don't watch it.

I don't lke Andromeda, so don't watch it. Simple really.

I never watched Buffy...

...but, yeah, it had a good long run. Seven years is great for any show, honestly, and as far as I know it never got short-shrifted by the networks.

But Antony would know better whether or not that was so.

Im happy too. To know my second favourite show is having a natural ending like Babylon 5 did. And now i can buy DVDs and watch it over and over and over.

I don´t know why you think Buffy sucks, at least you could tell why? :( otherwise this post seems quite... i don´t know.

The WB years of Buffy were the good ones, the UPN ones have been the worst of the show. But oh well. *shrugs* Can't win them all. And I think that's because UPN gave them too much freedom ironically.

I haven't been around in a while, and just noticed your sig Anthony. Very cool, it sums up my feelings exactly. Poor old Dark Angel. :(

I wish they had ended it after season 5. Was that still during the WB years? As much as I like Buffy, I am glad to see it finally end even if it has dragged on too long.

The "UPN Years" definately were not the best, even though I will admit I liked the musical and bought my wife the soundtrack. At least Angel has been picked up for next season and possibly the season after that. James Marsters is going to make a few appearances on Angel next season. Nicholas Brendon wont be doing any appearances sinces he's going to have a sitcom on Fox this fall.

Hrm. I was never really interested in the show. I mean, I DID watch two episodes, but it never clicked with me. Also, I have this bad habit of snubbing things that become, in my eyes, too popular. Of course, at least 6 out of every 10 things DOES suck these days, but you get the idea. I do feel bad about this though, since I've ignored quite a few good things before.

That's right, end of 5 was end of WB.

That's not to say they weren't a few good episodes... and there was some good stuff in the later seasons. Just... not much. As Glacophane said, the musical. That goes without saying, that was superb. And "Normal Again" was just utterly superb, one of my favorites. And I'm still not upset at all that it's more than similar to a script I wanted to submit.

they are FINALLY cancelling BUFFY!

YES! woopie! that frelling show SUX SO BAD!

Pity you think that :(...Buffy is one of those shows that I feel has gotten better with each season. Joss Whedon has managed to keep it interesting by changing what we get comfortable with. Spike bad...Spike good. Good Willow...bad Willow etc etc. The characters are neither black or white but always shades of grey. The constant twists and turns that happen in each season, has kept the show interesting and fresh. I for one, even though knowing the end would come, am sad that it will soon be over.

This final season is just astounding. The introduction of Father Caleb and what he does has left me cringing. And yes, I will admit I kinda like him (always did have a thing for bad boys) :D But still hope he gets taken out.

Just my opinion...to each their own.

Hathor

This final season is just astounding. The introduction of Father Caleb and what he does has left me cringing. And yes, I will admit I kinda like him (always did have a thing for bad boys) :D But still hope he gets taken out.

Just saw the episode where Caleb arrives tonight and all I can say is WOW!!!

Spike delivered one of my favourite lines of the season when Faith asked if he was like Angel (now he has a soul)

"Angel's as dull as a table lamp, and I have very different colouring" :D

Just saw the episode where Caleb arrives tonight and all I can say is WOW!!!

Spike delivered one of my favourite lines of the season when Faith asked if he was like Angel (now he has a soul)

"Angel's as dull as a table lamp, and I have very different colouring" :D

Caleb is incredible. Very sinister and cruel. Well, he is evil, Hathor DUH :rolleyes: The 'Big Bads' in Buffy do get better and better. Glory was probably one of my favorite 'Big Bads'. But I think Caleb will knock her out of her no 1 slot. Be prepared, Caleb is going to give Buffy a wicked time... :devil:

As for Spike... :LOL: I adore him. And he is right, not as dull as Angel. Who is much more interesting when he is Angelius. Go bad boy :devil: :D. Unlike Angel, Spike even now with a soul, is more entertaining. But, I will admit that I wish for the old Spike minus soul...he was delightful back then :)

Not that I would throw Soul Spike out of my bed mind you :D

Hathor

ant - what makes u think i watch freaken BUFFY for??

frell that..that show is so LAME. and the buffy fans r deranged. Ant included! :p :LOL:

(unlike me who is Naturally deranged and don't need a suckky lame ass series to give me an excuse) :LOL: :LOL:

I'm glad Buffy's ending, because it's time. I love the show, but it's time.

I will agree with you on that one. All good things must come to an end, and I'd rather it end when it is doing well. Too many shows carry on until you just wish someone would put them down like a lame horse, and put it out of it's misery.

Hathor

I agree. Buffy's a darn fine show, but it's been threatening to go stale for some time now. Time to let it die a clean death rather than slowly wither on the vine.

Personally, the episode that clinched Buffy for me was the ol' S2 ep "Lie to Me." Buffy's conversation with Giles at the end is heartbreakingly good. And Spike is such a fascinating character -- just listen to his wonderful lines from the musical:

"The torch I bear is scorching me,
And Buffy's laughing, I've no doubt;
I hope she fries, I'm free if that bitch dies...
I'd better help her out."

Plus the romantic side of me is always pleased by the forbidden romance of vampire and Slayer.

I will be sad to see the show end, but also I think it has run its course. The end of Buffy will also mean an end of an openly out gay character on TV (for those who don't know, I mean Willow).

As for who think the show was bad, you should rent the movie, now that is crap!

What I fear is that the end of Buffy will mean another worthless and stupid reality show will appear.

Personally, the episode that clinched Buffy for me was the ol' S2 ep "Lie to Me." Buffy's conversation with Giles at the end is heartbreakingly good. And Spike is such a fascinating character -- just listen to his wonderful lines from the musical:

"The torch I bear is scorching me,
And Buffy's laughing, I've no doubt;
I hope she fries, I'm free if that bitch dies...
I'd better help her out."
The musical was a fantastic episode.

Plus the romantic side of me is always pleased by the forbidden romance of vampire and Slayer.

ICAM! The fact that Buffy seems drawn to them is interesting. I am just so happy that she has finally started to be more interested in Spike. She was awfully mean to him for a time. And, like you I am a romantic...there is something about forbidden love that is very enticing and always fun to watch.

Hathor

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back