B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.reborn (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   B5 Reboot?? Is it true??!!?! (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=46010)

darth_librarian October 14th 21 16:28

Re: B5 Reboot?? Is it true??!!?!

I would love a light touch overhaul, mobile especially.

hypatia October 14th 21 23:30

How are you paying for the site, these days? It is very enjoyable visiting a board that doesn't push ads.

Bester October 15th 21 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recoil (Post 465559)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinclair (Post 465530)
I wonder if we will see a reappearance of Joe DeMartino....

Mr Morden himself. ;)

What about GKarsEye or Lyta? I think I'm still Facebook Friends with her (although I haven't used Facebook much in the last year and a half).

How about Maria, who used to hang out in the chat room? :)

KoshN October 15th 21 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyehlar (Post 465609)
With all this mobile talk, I'm starting to think I'm the only one left that still uses a desktop to access message boards.

I work sooooo much that I don't get time to even power up and shutdown my laptop PC. My only day off is Tuesday, and most times I have to work at least part of it, too, and I work on-call. My last three calls to work were ASAP calls. I had to do use the laptop PC on Tuesday Oct. 12 to pay the credit card bills. The battery was dead. It was the first time I'd turned it on in 2 monrhs! Last time, I'd paid the whole balance on both cards, so nothing was due last month.

That's why I'm using my smartphone to type my posts. I can leave for work almost instantly, and the phone is always with me.

KoshN October 15th 21 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinclair (Post 465530)
I wonder if we will see a reappearance of Joe DeMartino....

Oh, there's a name I haven't heard in ages, maybe not since my rastb5m (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated) days.

RW7427 October 17th 21 01:58

Did Maria live in someplace like New Mexico? I think I remember her.

Looney October 18th 21 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyehlar (Post 465609)
With all this mobile talk, I'm starting to think I'm the only one left that still uses a desktop to access message boards.

I too still use a laptop for my visits. Might be switching back to a desktop soon. :thumbsup:

deaded October 24th 21 07:36

Would it be too soon (and in bad taste) to start a NO BYRON petition for the new series?

Jan October 24th 21 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by deaded (Post 465798)
Would it be too soon (and in bad taste) to start a NO BYRON petition for the new series?

This is what JMS wrote when asked for something to be includede in the series. Probably asking him to not include something would get a similar answer:

Quote:

The creative process is not a lego set...I go where each story takes me, I don't decide ahead of time what components to plug into which gears.
:p

babylonfan October 24th 21 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 465799)
This is what JMS wrote when asked for something to be includede in the series. Probably asking him to not include something would get a similar answer:

Quote:

The creative process is not a lego set...I go where each story takes me, I don't decide ahead of time what components to plug into which gears.

Does that imply that the bee B5 is not going to be as pre-planned as the original B5? More a BSG style of “kind a sort a knowing how to end, but how we get there is anyone’s guess”?

What I wonder is how much of the original story lines make it to the reboot. Could this reboot for instance skip the shadow war, but go straight to the civil war leading into the telepath war? The telepath war might be easier for the audience to relate to, with the privacy concerns and deep-fakes that are a growing concern in real life.