B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   Non-B5 books, TV & films (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Green Hornet (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=12064)

Jade Jaguar January 16th 11 07:48

The Green Hornet

Don't waste your money on this film. It is the worst thing I have sat through in years. I guess it means to be a comedy, but none of the humor works. I saw it in 3D, but it is the worst modern 3D I have seen. The best looking part of this film was actually the beginning of the end credits, which were in animated 3D.

Demonn January 16th 11 18:00

Re: The Green Hornet

I saw a trailer for it and decided it looked stupid... I like Seth Rogan but sometimes he's either hit or miss.

hypatia January 16th 11 22:26

Thanks, JJ. I actually thought this might make a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

I probably would have been warned away by someone at work. Now I won't even have to embarrass myself by asking. :)

Galahad January 16th 11 23:55

I'm waiting for the other Green related film to come out.

Jade Jaguar January 17th 11 03:53

The Wall Street Journal reviewer agreed with me that the beginning of the end credits were the best part of the film! I wanted to see The Black Swan, but my friend wanted to see TGH. He was so embarrassed about how bad it was that he bought me dinner after. :D

Chilli January 17th 11 17:43

Much as I adore Christoph Waltz (and I'm super-adoring him this week for the stir he recently caused in Austria by describing Austria as a nation of slimebags in an interview. I'm very much enjoying the wank this has caused, and thank him every day for the free amusement :D), this just sounded way too stupid for me to even consider going to see it.

KoshFan January 18th 11 03:05

I listened to the song "Green Hornet" instead, and quite enjoyed it.

Jade Jaguar January 18th 11 03:08

Al Hirt, isn't it? Yeah, I always liked the song.

Demonn January 19th 11 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad (Post 367308)
I'm waiting for the other Green related film to come out.

A lot of good movies coming up... all that remains is just to see if they can pull 'em off & not make 'em look stupid.

Green Lantern
Captain America
Thor

I'm waiting for an Avenger movie...

& I know it's not comic related but I Am Number Four looks like it'll be pretty good.

KoshFan January 20th 11 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonn (Post 367351)
all that remains is just to see if they can pull 'em off & not make 'em look gay.

What... you mean make 'em look like Markas? I admit he's not exactly the superhero look, but he'd bring in a whole new crowd with his adorableness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonn (Post 367351)
I'm waiting for an Avenger movie...

You'll get your wish -- directed by Joss Whedon, no less. Whedon's also working on the script, and did a once-over on Captain America's script too.