B5TV.COM

B5TV.COM (http://www.b5tv.com/index.php)
-   B5.related (http://www.b5tv.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NEW Babylon 5 Series (http://www.b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=46009)

Looney October 3rd 21 02:49

Re: NEW Babylon 5 Series

Quote:

Originally Posted by vacantlook (Post 465337)
I really liked the first two seasons of Arrow, the first two or three seasons of The Flash, and the first two seasons of Legends of Tomorrow. Though they were all three superhero shows, they each had different tonal qualities. Because the network has had so many superhero shows, I think that suggests the network is very sci-fi friendly.

I haven't seen all of those, but I can agree on Arrow Season One being excellent as well as the first few seasons of The Flash. I didn't get into Legends of Tomorrow because I am not a fan of Time Travel and the like. :rolleyes: But early Arrow was fantastic. Plus I felt Dylan Neal was absolutely great as Dr. Ivo and he should have been a series regular. I really enjoy his series The Gourmet Detective, but Ivo was definitely the best performance of his I've ever seen.

Foxchild October 3rd 21 03:28

Anybody else hoping the Crusade storyline gets incorporated into this?

hypatia October 3rd 21 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Springer (Post 465258)
...I note that the only confirmed character so far is Sheridan - not Sinclair. I am assuming that, as JMS has intimated previously, characters whose actors have passed away won't be rebooted. So there will be no Delenn, no Garibaldi, no G'Kar, no Franklin, no Vir etc in this new show? That in itself will drastically change the storyline from the original.

No kidding. It's an interesting gesture, and it makes sense. I mean, who else could pull off G'Kar?

Jan October 3rd 21 14:38

Small reminder that JMS has only explicitly said that he'd never recast G'Kar. And that was when Katsulas was only the second major cast member to pass away. I'll be perfectly happy if he changes his mind about that. There are many wonderful and talented actors out there who could play G'Kar as well, if differently, as Katsulas.

Kyehlar October 3rd 21 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan (Post 465378)
Small reminder that JMS has only explicitly said that he'd never recast G'Kar. And that was when Katsulas was only the second major cast member to pass away. I'll be perfectly happy if he changes his mind about that. There are many wonderful and talented actors out there who could play G'Kar as well, if differently, as Katsulas.

An excellent point. Perhaps that was in context to continuation rather than reboot. I don't know if you could tell the Babylon story without Londo and G'Kar unless you change the character's names and keep the core elements in place.

Kyehlar October 3rd 21 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxchild (Post 465368)
Anybody else hoping the Crusade storyline gets incorporated into this?

Crusade should be kept from the core Babylon story. But if this series does well enough as Arrow did for the CW, there no reason why there couldn't be a spinoff in the Babylonverse like with Flash etc.

Ubik October 3rd 21 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyehlar (Post 465382)
Quote:

An excellent point. Perhaps that was in context to continuation rather than reboot. I don't know if you could tell the Babylon story without Londo and G'Kar unless you change the character's names and keep the core elements in place.

Wild speculation on my part, but I kinda expect a lot of new characters that occupy the same kind of thematic roles as the existing show. So, the trajectory of say 'Londo' is roughly the same but it's 'Kronkulon, the Centauri Ambassador' or whatever, this time around.

Kyehlar October 3rd 21 20:32

Curious as to whether the Centauri will give off as much Transylvanian vibes as their previous incarnation.

Moonface October 4th 21 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubik (Post 465384)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyehlar (Post 465382)
Quote:

Wild speculation on my part, but I kinda expect a lot of new characters that occupy the same kind of thematic roles as the existing show. So, the trajectory of say 'Londo' is roughly the same but it's 'Kronkulon, the Centauri Ambassador' or whatever, this time around.

Just wild guessing here, but wouldn't it be awesome if this time an other race would get the centauri arc? So JMS would keep fans guessing as to what goes on in this timeline?

hypatia October 4th 21 05:23

That could be very interesting. I wonder if they'll keep/use Bester.