• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

EpDis: Grey 17 Is Missing

Ship Of Tears

• Total voters
I'm so terribly torn over this one. I love the Marcus/Neroon story, especially the last scene. And Jeremiah, while sounding in many ways like a darker version of Delenn, isn't that annoying.

But the Zarg is pretty ridiculous, and Garibaldi's method of killing it is more so, and frankly the buildup of Gray Sector as a place of True Spookiness is rather shredded by this ep....

So I don't really know what to give this.

I'm just not voting. For the reasons KoshFan said.

How do you rate half great/half crap? :confused:

C -- Average.

A -- Excellent + F -- Failure = C -- Average.

...just like Black + White = 50% Gray.

Argh, argh, *
I think I smell a Zarg!
Could it be a Targ?
No, not a Targ!
This be B5!
It MUST be a Zarg.
ARGH! ARGH! ARGH!

Well for JMS, it is at least in part, a D. But, I'll grade it as if it was STNG and give it a C.

*The above is not doggerel, it's zargerel.

I gave the Marcus/Neroon side of the story an "A" and the Grey 17 side of the story a "D", so, it balanced out to a low "B" overall.

Every time I see Garibaldi about to kill the Zarg with his physics-defying homemade shotgun I hope he's gonna turn it on Jeremiah and wipe him out. He is the 2nd most annoying character on B5.

Average for me (C). Like most, the Marcus/Neroon story is good, the Jeremiah story is ok, but the Zarg is just pants (and I'm not even going to mention the "steam gun").

Every time I see Garibaldi about to kill the Zarg with his physics-defying homemade shotgun I hope he's gonna turn it on Jeremiah and wipe him out. He is the 2nd most annoying character on B5.

Second most anoying, who is the first?

Byron did not annoy me as much as he did most. Yes I would very much like to punch him but he just doesn't make my skin crawl as much as Lorien.

Jinxo is too much of a putz to really annoy me. If anything, his mentor was much worse, but at least he died.

The Soul Hunter and Shaal Mayan are good candidates but still don't compare to Lorien when he goes off into tick-this and tock-that... yeah I'll fucking tick-tock you up upside your goddamn head you stupid old geezer.

Lorien is my favorite of the secondary characters, and I like the Tick & Tock bit very much, thank you! :p :p :p

I would say that, as far as B5 characters go, Lorien is at the opposite end of the spectrum from the Zarg.

Lorien? I really like the character (and I think Wayne plays the role very well) and fail to see how he is anoying, but each to his own I suppose.

I also thought the tick-tock speach was also very good. Do you have a fear of clocks perhaps?

You ever talk to someone who, after making a point, feels the need to drive the point home over and over again, and simply rephrase it differently? That can be really annoying and come off as arrogant.

I mean, it can just be kind of obnoxious and a little arrogant when someone says something, and you get it, but then he has to repeat it over and over again.

Like when someone arrogantly repetitively repeats something again. That sucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back